Search results

1. fishcommunity

Fish Coloration

Hi all, I heard and witness before that the color of fishes like the gramma loreto will fade. What causes the fade? I heard from a LFS that lighting plays a part in the color of the fish as well, is it true? Other factors include FOOD and WATER QUALITY? This is because i'm considering...
  2. fishcommunity

Sunburst/Fat head Anthias Q

Hi there, am collecting information regarding Sunburst Anthias/Fat head anthias.. From what i heard and read, they are very docile fish and there are many cases that they refuse to eat, the biggest challenge is to get them to feed, from brine to flakes to pellets, any advice and experience from...
  3. fishcommunity

Dispar anthias-advice in feeding

hi there.. im in need of advice again.. I recently bought a dispar anthias, i have another anthias in my tank, i think its a yellow anthias.. today is the 2nd day the dispar in my tank, its still hiding.. i know where its hiding and it seems to be very shy.. lol.. I have heard that its very...
  4. fishcommunity

yellow tang advice

hi there, am asking this Q on behalf on a friend. He plans to have a yellow tang but before he does, he wants to know form those who has experience with them before acquiring 1. The questions that are most notable are 1. how aggressive are they(heard they are very aggressive but its also...
  5. fishcommunity

Clown all rapped up

Hi there.. i recently bought a true perc and its fins are all clamped up and is breathing rapidly and cant seem to close its mouth.. This has been going on for 3days now.. I suspect its due to cynide.. Any suggestions? Could a fish fully recover from cynide? I heard it will cause the fish to die...
  6. fishcommunity

Pairing up Clown

I know this is kinda a baby question in marine but i recently acquired 2 true percs and they are not pairing up after 5days in my tank, and of course one bullies the other. So, i'm taking the bully back to the LFS and exchange it for a smaller 1. If this does not work either, what should i do...
  7. fishcommunity

Maintaining color

Hi there, i was wondering how do i maintain the color of a gramma loreto? the previous gramma loreto i had before has discoloration as time passed.. Am using new life spectrum marine fish formula and ocean nutrition spirulina flakes.. any tips and advise on how to maintain its vivid coloration?
  8. fishcommunity

Grey patch thing.. Parasite?

Hi there, I just bought a gramma loreto. While at the LFS, i saw a small grey patch in its head that i thought was a small injury/wound, so it did not bother me as its doing great in terms of its swim,eating etc.. After a few days in my tank, i noticed the grey patch moved to another area...
  9. fishcommunity

Purchasing Fish.. need advice

Hi there, i heard that we should not buy fish that has just arrived at the LFS. How long should we wait before we buy that fish back? From what i understand, most fishes around Asia is captured using the potent cynide. How about fishes in the Caribbean and Hawaii? Same method as well?
  10. fishcommunity

Crocea has a shorter lifespan?

I was told by the LFS guy that crocea has shorter lifespan as compared to maxima, is that true?
  11. fishcommunity

Mandarin and their eating habits?

Hi there, i have long admired mandarinfish but i read a lot of articles that states that they don't really take pellets and solely eat pods. As i heard that some reefers have successfully got them t eat pellets and they do live for a long time when they feed on both pods and pellets or frozen...
  12. fishcommunity

Requirements of a flame angel

Hi there.. Was thinking of having a flame angel in my 2feet tank.. But i heard that they do nip at corals.. Do they nip on RBTA as well?? Some says that it only nips because they are hungry.. Cos im thinking of getting a dwarf angel and in this case, a flame angel for my tank.. Do they act...
  13. fishcommunity

Dendrophyllia sp care and tips

hi there, i'm interested in getting one of these.. not sure what kind of name is it referred to but in my country, its called super sun and its a type of Dendrophyllia sp or balanophyllia sp. Not sure about the name but it looks similar to sun coral but just that it has transparent with a...
  14. fishcommunity

Strange Behaviour of Firefish

hi there.. i have had my firefish for arounf 3-4months now and it was all goin well, its eating pellets, swimming hapily etc etc.. but since last week its been hiding in its hole and does not come out.. ot only comes out during the feeding time but having said that, it does not eat anything.. it...
  15. fishcommunity

I'm new here

Hi there, im a new member in this forum.. im from malaysia, 20 yrs old.. a uni student.. i have been in reefing for around 1 and a half to 2 yrs now and i have a 2ft reef tank.. the list of tankmates includes: - a pair of false percs - a bicolor chromis - a gramma loreto - a firefish -...