Search results

1. sonicfish

Ro Di unit questions

i have had my ro unit working for a month and i think its ready to do the change the only question i have is do you replace the membrane or the filter things in the canister the only reason i ask is the membrane for every month is like buying a rodi unit machine everymonth :confused:
  2. sonicfish

Great Depression of Nitrates

I did a 55 percent water change to my tank hoping this would lower down my nitrates i have been doing every thing right feed once every two days under stock lights on less good clean up crew big water changes with ro water but the nitrates will not go down at all how could this be happening i...
  3. sonicfish

Hurricane in Ohio

right now in ohio we are getting drench by hurricane ike and we have up to 70 mile wind speed i have never seen this if you fall down or jump you get carried away its ton of fun.:laughroll
  4. sonicfish

Skimmer Broke

I just finish doing a water change in my tank and i went to put my skimmer on again and nothing happen so i figure it was the plug moved to another one sill didnt work but the wet dry pump would work how could this be happening
  5. sonicfish

Nitrates confused

Alright when i have been measuring my rodi water it measures zero nitrates so good but before the water change it measures at 100 my tank water but i have been doing 10 % water changes twice a week ant after the water change it dosent even go down and btw the test kit is salifert how could i not...
  6. sonicfish

Wish corrupt

This is where you post something that you wish for but the next person has to corrput it get funny look at all the ways people try to corrupt your wish. I will start i wish i rule the world
  7. sonicfish

Pajama Cardinals

Today i have just bought a breeding pair of pajama cardinals only two of them my only question is can i add another male to the mix and is it normal for thier moth to be bulging like fat in the throat ill soon have pics
  8. sonicfish

Xenias

I am looking for some frags of xenia i have a friend quitting the hobby money issues and he has about a 10 inch big xenia and he said i can have it so i want to see if i can take care of it it is green to and it pulses is that strang or what
  9. sonicfish

Sonic's Adventures

This is where im going to post everything new about my tank first we are going to go a week back and see my tank a week ago
  10. sonicfish

Red sea sailfin tang

my two red sea sailfin tang had laid eggs just the past night there is about a hundred eggs they are guarding them greatly i dont know what im supposed to do i never meant to breed saltwater fish before and is this rare to breed them i dont have great water parameters nitrates high
  11. sonicfish

Snails of God

:angel1: Your probaly wondering what is with the name of the thread well i have these 2 astera snails that kept one rock cleaned i put them on a rock with cyno green algae and blue green algae on it and the rock is about 12 pounds then in three hours it was perfectly clean with corraline on it...
  12. sonicfish

Funny Story

Well like the name says its kinda of funny but also painful to me well i was about to feed my snowflake eel his piece of silverside with the feeding stick but out of know where he jump out of the tank and bit me i dont think he likes me :) but i started to bleed but that was nothing to me the...
  13. sonicfish

CopperBand Butterfly fish

I was wonder if they were reef fish and if not its okay just keep one in a fish only tank used to have one but it got stuck under a rock one night and died had it for a year just wondering.
  14. sonicfish

Sump Questions

All right i have never had a sump but a very good friend of mine gave me it when i got the wet dry filtration i was wondering is there a certain size that you need for a 180 gallon tank and also if you can make a sump a refugiam and if you suggest it thanks for any help.
  15. sonicfish

Coral Trouble

Alright i turn on my light seeing the stars and then looking for my zoas and they werent there so i found that they fell into a dark crevises for probally the whole night do you think they will be okay or will they die.
  16. sonicfish

Red Sea Sailfin Tang

I look at my tank and saw that my red sea sailfin tang was a very dark color and i was wondering what that means but came back in 5 minutes and bright colored again so what does this mean
  17. sonicfish

Easy Anemone

The question i have is what is an easy anemone to take care of that my pecula will host in i dont know which one i should pick.
  18. sonicfish

Crushed Coral or Sand

Right now i am switching my crush coral to sand the reasons why i am doing this is because they say it traps nuitrints which then relates to phosphates and nitrates and i was wondering if that is correct and will this help. Then this is a rookie question but how what you do a water change in the...
  19. sonicfish

Question on lights

I have two 250 watt medal halide bulbs and 4 96 actinc compact floresect bulbs my question is whenever i go to look at somebody elses reef tank it is much bluer than mine and even when the bulbs were new they just werent blue the color of the water looks kinda like if you go in a swimming pool...
  20. sonicfish

Something Weird Happen

Alright im new to reef keeping about 8 months now my corals range from mushrooms to sps but my question is that i have two mother colonies of pocillopora well one night around 8 and 9 i saw this milky stuff come of them just for a second from both of them then the next week i saw things start to...