Search results

1. U

sick kole tang

I ran into a similar situation with some of my fish getting sick. I found some treatments that work really well that are not copper based. I don't remember the name of it but when I get home I will post the name of it. Try to slowly bring the temp down to around 80. When the water is that warm...
  2. U

Blueface Angel and Corals. Need input!

Thanks for the responses. I have been doing some reading and they said I could get away with some shrooms and leathers, and some SPS corals. I have some polyps and zoos that he started picking on so I moved them to the way top of the tank. He will not venture out to high in the tank. I figure I...
  3. U

sick kole tang

Mike, Did the temp go up to 85? That seems a little high. If there was a temp fluctuation that could be the problem. Try and keep the temp around 78-82. If you decide to bring the temp down, do it slowly. I usually try to keep mine at 80. How long has the tang been in the tank? Chad
  4. U

anemone melting?

I would say he got sucked up in a powerhead or fiilter. I have had it happen numerous times to the Condy's. You said he had been moving around alot. When mine got sucked up in the powerhead, it made the water cloudy. I added additional grates to my powerheads. Still had one get sucked up, but...
  5. U

new blue tank actiing strange

Try feeding it Mysis. I used to feed mine brine and then went to Mysis. He seems to like it better. Are there any other tangs or any fish that pick on it or push it around? I have a blue as well and he always wedges himself in between rocks that you think they can't fit between. I have had him...
  6. U

Blueface Angel and Corals. Need input!

I have a Blueface Angel and want to add some corals. I know this fish is not reef safe, but are there any corals etc that he will not pick on? Thanks, Chad
  7. U

Strange Popping Noises In My Tank???

I would say it is most likely a mantis shrimp. Do you have any other fish, inverts etc?
  8. U

New to the site!

Anyone know anything about the T5 HO 8X 54 watt? Is this VHO lighting? How is the T5 lighting? Chad
  9. U

New to the site!

Thank you! My tank is 60 inches long, 18 wide, 24 inches high. I am looking to do some clams, polyps, mushrooms. Will the metal halides require me to get a chiller? Thanks, Chad
  10. U

New to the site!

Hello, I am new to this site, but not to the hobby. I don't know a whole lot about reef tanks, always had a fish only with some inverts, and am looking for some recommendations on Lighting. I am told you need about 3-5 Watts of light per gallon. I have a 125 gallon tank. I need some input on...