Search results

1. nivek

Starting fish only

Happy new year everybody :cheers:. After a long time away, I've just restarted 2 fish only tanks for my 2 groupers. Pretty sure eventually I'll end up having a reef tank again in the near future :celebrate: Bumblebeegrouper by nivek posted Jan 7, 2020 at 1:43 PM Panthergrouper by nivek posted...
  2. nivek

Mother nature's tank

My friend went snorkeling last weekend and here's a short video. Enjoy :)
  3. nivek

10 million litre aquarium

I'm totally speechless and wiping the drool off my keyboard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfR1gi4GSjg
  4. nivek

A visit to the local aquaria

Took my family over to another nearby island last weekend and we visited the local aquaria there. Here are some photos taken with my mobile phone as I was too lazy to lug around my camera :D It was an overnight trip so I didn't have the chance to go snorkeling at the reef.
  5. nivek

Show me your skimmate~!

Thought I'd start a thread to show off all the hard work that your skimmer is doing. Let me start off with mine - Bubble Magus Nac 3 :yup:
  6. nivek

How to pet a huge eel like a boss

Like the title says :yup: don't try this at home kids. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H1ipbS3q6s
  7. nivek

Meet Double Saddle Butterflyfish - another Aiptasia terminator

My pico had some Aiptasia infestation coming from the zoa frags that I bought recently so I needed a quick fix before it took over the tank. Introducing the Double Saddle Butterflyfish! (or rather a juvenile 1.5 inch version in order to fix my pico). Within 15 minutes of introducing him into the...
  8. nivek

Photography 101 - Marine Tank Version

Writing this guide that hopefully will become useful for those wishing to take photos of their marine tank and its inhabitants. Will try to make it as simple as possible with the least equipment needed and least amount of post processing (using Snapseed app on a smartphone) once the photos has...
  9. nivek

Meet Berghia Nudibranch, the Aiptasia killer

A few months ago, I woke up in the middle of the night and decided to go take a peek at my 80 gallon tank. I found 2 small nudibranchs crawling on my glass wall. Well half asleep I identified them as zoanthid eating nudibranch and without any hesitation removed them promptly. Time went by and I...
  10. nivek

Power Outage Alarm

Here's a free power outage alarm for your android phones. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.sjbcomputerconsultants.powercut.free&hl=en
  11. nivek

Need help to ID

Saw this cool chalice looking coral attached to a GSP coral at the local LFS today so I ended up buying the GSP because of it LOL. Any idea what is it?
  12. nivek

Designer hermit crabs

First we had designer clowns and now we have designer hermit crab...shells lol http://vimeo.com/m/71005763
  13. nivek

Kevin's little 5 gallon pico

Starting another chronicle for my newly setup 5 gallon pico. Tore down my freshwater planted tank and will be changing it to a pico reef. Will be trying to keep it simple with just a 2 compartment hob and a little Resun wavemaker (just to push the debris out from the back during water changes)...
  14. nivek

How long was your longest running pico tank?

As I've just started my 5 gallon pico tank, was curious as to how long was your longest running pico tank? :confused:
  15. nivek

Biggest mistakes you've ever made

Just thought it would be fun for everyone to list down their biggest mistakes so that we can learn and avoid them. Let me start off. 1) Leaving detritus to accumulate in my bare bottom cheato fuge, thinking the critters and cheato will manage it. Few weeks later nitrates were at 40 and...
  16. nivek

Bubble coral baby? id help.

Was doing my weekly water change just now when I noticed what looks like a baby bubble coral at the base next to the big one. You can see it at the bottom left hand side of the photo. Can someone confirm? Thanks :)
  17. nivek

Using seawater test

Went to the beach today with the family and decided to collect some seawater to test as well as to use in my own tank. Collected 500ml of seawater and took it home to test and here is what I found. Sg - 1.023 Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, Phosphate - 0 Ca - 380 Alk - 7dkh I let the...
  18. nivek

Kevin's 80 gallon Mixed Reef/Breeding

Well my original plan to make it a pure breeding tank is slowly changing into a mixed reef tank, all thanks to the huge corals shipment in my local LFS for the last few months and it doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon :banghead:
  19. nivek

Wonderful channel on reefs

Not sure if I can post this but this channel on reef is so cool : Bubble Vision - YouTube
  20. nivek

Clownfish parade

Everybody has them and everybody loves them. Come show off your clowns. To start off here are my female gang :)