Search results

1. M

gsp

I got a frag of gsp about 2 weeks ago and everything was doing fine until a couple of days ago when they closed up and part of the purple mat started to turn a little bit white. I have read that they will not open if algae grows on them so i was going to clean them off but i am not sure if they...
  2. M

polyp predator?

I have some brown button polyps that have been doing really good ever since i got them and today i noticed a tiny black thing in the middle of one of them. The polyp was noticably stressed and was opening and closing continuously. A little bit later i checked in on my polyps and the little...
  3. M

protein skimmer upgrade

I have decided to get a new protein skimmer and i needed to just double check my choices. I am trying to decide between the ASM G1x, the G2, and Coralife 220NW. It is for a 55gallon tank with about 85 gallon total volume. I am going to probably be getting a bigger display in a couple of years...
  4. M

Splash lens

I am trying to decide on what material to use for a splash lens on my 6x54w T5 fixture. I am not sure which allows more light to pass through, acrylic or polycarbonate. I don't know of any other good material that i could use. Can anyone tell me which would be better? Thanks.
  5. M

id help please

This clear "blob" just kind of popped up on my live rock. I have no idea what it is. Thanks for the help.
  6. M

Porcupine puffer

Anyone interested in a medium Porcupine puffer fish (about5inches). I don't want to sell him but i know it has to be done. This fish has tons of personality and loves to squirt water out of the tank. I will not ship so it will have to be a local pickup in Charleston,SC. Post if you are...
  7. M

T5HO vs. VHO

I am trying to decide between upgrading to a 2 lamp 220w VHO fixture or a 4 lamp 220w T5HO fixture. It is for a 55gallon and i currently have the 2 lamp T5HO 108w fixture. I have been told that the T5HO lights are more intense but i was under the impression that the intensity was mainly...
  8. M

ID Anemone

I just got this anemone attached to some live rock that i purchased, can anyone tell me what type it is? thanks
  9. M

Apple sea star

I was just at the lfs and i noticed a new addition to one of the sea star tanks. They had it labelled as an Apple star which i have never heard of so i asked for alternate names and they were clueless. It was about 5-6inches in diameter and very thick. It was red with small white spikes...
  10. M

Clown and goby

I have had my cinnamon clownfish for about a year now and he is very aggressive towards any additions to the tank. I recently purchased a brownbarred goby and tried to add him to the tank. For the first day or two everything was doing ok and there wasn't much aggression, but then the goby...
  11. M

help identify

I did not notice this yellow creature when i purchased my rock but it seemed to just appear one day. I can't really tell what it is. Can anyone help me out? C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\My Documents\DSCI0102.JPG
  12. M

New

Hello everyone, I just joined the forum and i am new to saltwater reef aquariums. I have had a lot of experience with saltwater fish but i have very little experience with reef aquariums. I currently have a 55gallon aquarium with some yellow tail damsel, cinnamon clown,etc. and i just got some...