Search results

1. M

Will Aquatinics T5 support SPS/clams?

The aquactinics would be better IMO of the T5's since you are looking at keeping clams because the reflectors focus more light to the bottom. The Teks are really good too but I think the aquactinics are a little bit better. Look at the bottom of this thread on rc, there is a comparison of the...
  2. M

Anyone used these lights?

I agree that it seems too good to be true. What kind of ballast does it use? That is reeeeaaally cheap compared to every other T5 fixture. The reflectors seem pretty solid but it is hard to tell from a picture.
  3. M

drsfostersmith slowest shipping

I have always found there methods of shipping to be slow too. I just always forget about the slow shipping right before i order from them. I am currently waiting on a package that i ordered last Friday. You are not alone Bigal
  4. M

question about "pods"

You most likely have alot of munnid isopods. Just google image munnid isopod and see if these are the ones you have. I am pretty sure that they are not parasitic like some other isopods. Not all pods are "good". Generally people see isopods as harmful but there are a couple of benificial ones.
  5. M

entamacea --bubble tip anemone

What type of lights? How deep is the tank?
  6. M

How much liverock is too much liverock?

i have about 60lbs in my 55gallon and i am thinking about removing some of it because i also like to have more swimming room.
  7. M

Ready for an Anemone?

How old is your tank? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but dividing is not usually a good sign when it comes to anemone.
  8. M

Live stock identification ressource

This is a great website. Good work madcaptain.
  9. M

Anemone introduction to DT

Oh I forgot, just make sure that you keep a close eye on it because it will most definitely move until it finds a good place that it likes. Don't hesitate to intervene if it is putting itself or other corals in a dangerous situation.
  10. M

Anemone introduction to DT

I would temp acclimate and then drip for 2hrs. If your water quality is good it will stay open. Make sure your specific gravity is close to ocean value because most anemone will not tolerate a low specific gravity. What kind of anemone?
  11. M

up all night playing move the corals

That sucks, hopefully it will find a place soon so you can have a break.
  12. M

calcium test

just look for the color change from pink to blue. Count the number of drops that it takes to complete the color change and reference the chart. Each drop is equivalent to 20mg/L of calcium.
  13. M

What the heck is THIS?!?!

make sure you don't touch it because they have a sting
  14. M

Ugly Tank Contest Winner!

same here. I think there was a mistake. What did they win?
  15. M

what color spectrums best feed corals?

I have seen them for around $199 on the apogee website but that is not very cheap imo. You might be able to get a good discount if you do a group buy.
  16. M

what color spectrums best feed corals?

I believe that 6500k is usually the peak region for par. 10k is pretty close but not as high. Theoretically 6500k will grow algae quicker because it is more red which is mainly what plants use. I would not recommend the 6500k because it has more uva and uvb radiation. The actinic will not do...
  17. M

The Perfect Eel?

A Serpent For Your Reef Tank: A Look at Fish-Safe Eels by Frank Marini, Ph.D. - Reefkeeping.com this might help some
  18. M

who spot feeds lps corals?

i feed my brain and frogspawn mysis 2-3x a week.
  19. M

Tang in a 65G

Because they know that it is not the right thing to do but they do it anyways. It is just selfish. I think to some degree we are all selfish so you should just ask yourself how selfish are you and what are your limits. I don't understand why you need everyone else to give their opinions on...
  20. M

Tang in a 65G

+1. I don't think it has anything to do with people being flexible or inflexible to new ways. I just think that selflessness is an important concept in life.