Search results

1. faust

a year later and a whole lot of ocd

well folks its taken a year but its almost ready for water. this build was done to move the inhabitants of the 80 bowfront. i'm really happy with the way it turned out. i wanted to show off the components rather than hide them, so there will not be a skin on the stand. the skimmer and ballasts...
  2. faust

foam and rock wall

my wife wanted me to do so i gave it a try. honestly i was surprised how easy it is to do. the small piece that go on the outer side of the overflows are still curing
  3. faust

water changing/mixing station

been a while, as my job has had me jumping through hoops to the tune of 70-80 hrs a week. here is some pics of it finished, finally. the platform is 2x12 cover in frp. sadly they don't make a 22.5 degree fitting in schedule 80 so a rattle can will cover them. i added a drop off the ro port the...
  4. faust

been a lil busy

its been a while since i posted, but i'm still hard at work. i built another stand and have been added the finishing touches. i finished the top and made the panel to hold the ballasts and reef keeper. when done i should have no cords showing, i hope. my hats off to the old school way of...
  5. faust

i'm back

that is all lol
  6. faust

new guy

we picked this pink tail trigger up yesterday for 25 bux he's about 4 1/2 inches long
  7. faust

new stand

well,i started polishing out the welds on the stand for the 120. its 48.5x24.5x 36 high. so heres some pics.
  8. faust

still can't get w/b right

but getting better
  9. faust

i'm a happy boy!!

we came up to the city for jeri's b-day dinner. we swung by aquarium concepts to pick up a replacement bulb. while talking to greg he ordered me in a dracula goby. his supplier was having a special on them and i jumped on it. still it's kinda funny that the most expensive fish i own is a goby...
  10. faust

wife scored now what

my wife and i were at our local aquaruim monthly meeting. afterwords i gave the owner of the the local lfs a ride home. he had us stop by the shop. to make a long story short, we or should i say the wife come home with a tyree war coral with 7 mouths for 40 bux. i'll post post up pics latter
  11. faust

6 months latter

i was complaining to my wife how my tank doesn't seen to grow. she sat me down to look at some old pics and wow i has way wrong. guess looking at it every day i just didn't notice
  12. faust

rimless or not

so i'm on the phone with my tank builder when my wife calls and put him on hold. she saw a pic of a tank without a black frame( rimless) its no bigge to my tank guy. however i dont know if i like the low on water look
  13. faust

my little garden...

trying something new....a fellow reefer was taking down his tank and I picked up 12 mangroves from him. I put 4 in the 80 and the other 8 will go into the 175. here's a pic:
  14. faust

riddle me this

can you name this claw? he has striped legs....looks like black/white or yellow (depending on who you ask...me or my wife) he seems to be EATING the rock - breaking away very small pieces. sorry for the crappy pics!
  15. faust

personal plates

if you gottem post em up
  16. faust

this blows

its my weekend. i have a chest cold and have been hacking up a cross between jello and skimate!!!
  17. faust

dosing vitamin C

anyone here tried dosing vit C. several of my local club members have tried it with great results after just 1 month. so i jumped on the band wagon and ordered some. i will keep you updated to the results. most dose c for zoas but it has had 2 fellow reefers sps showing massive growth spurts...
  18. faust

ozone observations

24 hours since ozone on line orp reading was 254. now 365 water smells better and skimmer is pullin more gunk than ever. i'm injecting directly into the skimmer lid. i noticed my bubble size in the skimmer is greatly reduced and denser. for the first time i saw pe on a accro frag that i thought...
  19. faust

tang polizia issues a warrant for this fools arrest

YouTube - Eric Tan Marine Fish
  20. faust

i just don't understand (wifes lazarus tank)

i am so meticulous with my tank, strive for perfect water quality, lighting and hours of research. my wife has been taking the corals i lose and just dropping then in her tank. please understand that her tank, fowlr has high nitrate. elevated po4. coralife skimmer and bio balls, is overfed...