Search results

1. krazykat

GFI tripping

Do you think that the GFI trips when the heater turns on?
  2. krazykat

My crabs hate me

Am enjoying this thread immensely! Thanks, Paul!
  3. krazykat

which is a good wrasse

I love my yellow coris wrasse! It comes out of the sandbed at about the same time every day! And like someone already said, it's always cruising around the tank (but not in a frantic way!).
  4. krazykat

Finally got the lionfish.

I love fuzzies! I just got a second juvenile today, and it has so much personality!
  5. krazykat

When Your Favorite Fish Dies

Thank you for all your kind words. I can't get myself to fish him out of the tank yet... each time I go past his tank I still expect to see him follow me with those beady eyes... :(
  6. krazykat

When Your Favorite Fish Dies

What do you do with the body? My golden hawkfish just died and I had him for five years. He's still in the tank - he was by himself since he made snacks out of all his roommates three years ago. He is a fish seldom seen in the hobby and so I thought about having him stuffed like they do with...
  7. krazykat

swimming sideways?

Could it be possible that they are responding to the angle at which the light is coming in? My discus tend to list their bodies at the angle in which the light strikes the tank when the tank light is out.
  8. krazykat

dwarf lion fish tank

Fuzzy lions are beautiful! A pride of fuzzy lions would be quite something to look at! :thumbup:
  9. krazykat

Novas' Fresh Start 40!

Ringo looks like he enjoyed that bath! So adorable! Props to you for rescuing him!
  10. krazykat

Expired API Reagents

Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, freshwater and high range pH reagents.... what to do with these when they have expired and the bottles are still pretty full? How do I dispose of them?
  11. krazykat

I need to Brag a little!

Those fixtures are sweet!
  12. krazykat

Scapeing a tank

I like the dog too! Sooo cute! Is that a tug-rope toy in it's mouth?
  13. krazykat

my first saltwater tank 55g

you could try resizing your pics. I use FastStone Photo Resizer.
  14. krazykat

Live Rock Question?

I believe you are referring to the berghia nudibranch which only eats aipstasia anemones . They will starve to death in a tank devoid of aipstasia anemones, but you can lend them out or trade them to other reefers once you get your aipstasia problem taken care of. :D
  15. krazykat

flilters ect. garagle sale CHEAP!

Witty, you crack me up :laughroll
  16. krazykat

New to aquarium keeping: my current setup

They both look like orandas to me :)... nice goldfish! I have four fantails myself that I take into the house to overwinter. They will be going back out into their half barrels in the garden shortly.
  17. krazykat

20 gallon Castle themed tank

Cherry barbs are beautiful, and if you include real plants they might surprise you with babies! :D
  18. krazykat

18,000K Lighting

He he! Thanks, Big Al! I'm just really anxious for the zoas to do well :bouncebox. I had a 29 gallon mini reef before with my yellow hawkfish, and it went to pot. I put a lot of money into the corals and all of that is all gone! All I have in that tank now is the yellow hawkfish. It's going to...
  19. krazykat

18,000K Lighting

BUMP! So I guess I should have gone with the lower Kelvin rated light bulb? I don't mind not having the blue color. Just want to find a lighting system for my 20H that the zoas would do well in. I would like to get more zoas. I was inspired by a zoa tank thread that I saw in one of the other...
  20. krazykat

18,000K Lighting

I was under the impression that the 24 watt t-5 10000k was not giving out as much light as the 65 watt 10000k PC bulb, so I did not think that acclimating the zoas to the new light (with the actinic) was necessary. Was I wrong? Are the two t-5 bulbs that I now have in the new light fixture...