Search results

1. KimPossible

Large Fish Suggestions

Hello Everyone ! I hope 2010 is turning out to be a fantastic year for everyone!! I want to add another large fish to my 230 gal. Preditor Swim Tank. Currently I have: These are VERY Large Golden Sapo aka Guineafowl Dogface Puffer Volitan Lionfish .... the colored variety...
  2. KimPossible

Free Torch in local area

Is anyone in the local Phoenix Metro area interested in a healthy branch or two of Torch Coral? :snshne:
  3. KimPossible

Goby mess

I added a diamond goby to my tank this past Saturday. I knew it was going to make some mess in the tank, but holy cow!!! this fish has re arranged the sand in my tank! I have LARGE mounds in one area and hardly any in another. He found several pod colonies and removed all the sand form under...
  4. KimPossible

I Believe it!!

Kobe Jumps Car (u might have to watch a commercial first...dunno) Ha hahaha ! I believe it! Kobe's a monster! FYI, Playoffs are right around the corner.... go SUNS :snshne: :snshne: :snshne:
  5. KimPossible

Help again...

I am having a serious swing in temps. My chiller was set at 80 and my heater at 81...with that I was running at 78.5. I set my chiller to 81 and my temp to 81 and was running at 81.5....then the next time I looked it was at 79.5 . I set my heater to 82 and my chiller at 81 and now I'm at...
  6. KimPossible

Quick update on the transfer

The epoxy is setting up on my Torch. Poor thing, I had a hard time removing it from the rock it was on in the other tank. I finally got it off with a screw driver, put it in a big bag because it is pretty large and had to have a CRAP load of water in it to cover it, I barely got it home, it...
  7. KimPossible

It won't fit!...help....

I bought a Tunze auto top off unit and everything is in place, BUT.... I cant get the damn hose on to the socket of the metering pump!!!! The hose is much smaller than the socket. I already tried putting the hose in the socket, but that doesn't work either ( I figured I'd cheat and just keep...
  8. KimPossible

OOhhhh Travis....

I receive this error message after I hit the back button on RS. 409: Quarantined/Unrecoverable Due to unrecoverable virus infection, the following server: Romey.ReefSanctuary.com has been permanently quarantined. All files have now been deleted. If you believe you have reached this...
  9. KimPossible

Kim’s 120 Possibilities

Hi all ! Many of you know that I have been staring at the plumbing of a 120 that I designed for about 8 months now:o ….I took apart and reconfigured my dry plumb ideas a couple of times. Bottom line, if I would have trusted myself more and not freaked myself out this would have been done a...
  10. KimPossible

C.L. Diversion Help Needed

I'm plumbing the closed loop of my new 120. I decided to run the chiller off of my CL. I have dry plumbed it as shown in the "before pump" drawing seen below. My question is, have I created a vacuum? I don't want water just sitting in the chiller. I have used 1" pipe throughout the closed...
  11. KimPossible

Help :) sealing bulkhead threads...

Do I have to use plumbers tape/silicone (my choice) while tightening my closed loop lifters, the drain and bulkheads? I did not and assumed that the pressure against the gasket is sufficient. Is this right?
  12. KimPossible

Sorry for being stupid...but...

What the heck does IIRC mean :columbo:
  13. KimPossible

I'm really starting to get irratated!

Well, it's been about 4 weeks. It all started when my skimmer stopped performing. I knew that I should have immediately cleaned out the pump and injector, but I didn't....I kept saying "I'll do it tomorrow" this went on for a week (maybe more I'm embarased to say) Well, my levels increased...
  14. KimPossible

Finally Happy Again

Well, it has been about 6 months since I had to give up on saving my Red Finger Gorgonian. I realized shortly after I bought it, that it was not a healthy specimen. I struggled from the beginning. It fed, but I could tell that it could be doing better. I learned that the gorgs tissue will rot...
  15. KimPossible

My new toy!

I just picked up a Milwaukee Microprocessor Waterproof pH & termperature meter :D It has to soak in RO for two hours to activate the electrode, then I get to calibrate and try it out. AND it's waterproof! for butterfingers like me :)
  16. KimPossible

Polyp bail out on my Torch?

I'm dealing with an issue right now and need advice :) I have a large Torch colony. I keep it in the upper half of my tank under 260watts of 10k's and 03Actinics. I try to target feed it home made mush 2x's a week. About 3 days ago I noticed that one of the polyps was peeling away from the...
  17. KimPossible

Check this out!

This tank is absolutely amazing! http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-02/totm/index.php His goal was to create a tank that resembled nature as closely as possible. I think he did. Check out some of the pics. And I thought this was interesting.... .....this is something I would...
  18. KimPossible

Proximity and a Torch

How far do you keep your Torch away from other corals? I had my Colt in the same place as the photo of the Riccordia. I moved it because it was shrinking. Once in it's new spot it returned to normal. I moved the rock of Riccordia by the Torch....now.....it is behaving abnormally. I am...
  19. KimPossible

9 pm Tonight.....

My sitting room is dark. The lights are off in my 55 gal. The lunar lights are on and there is a blue hue in the tank. My Colt and Torch are settled and my large Hawaiian Fan is swaying in current. The fish are calm. I would show you a picture but it wouldn't capture it. This is the...
  20. KimPossible

Telescoping Baster?

Does anyone remember something being said here about a new gadget that just came out? It was a Telescoping Baster:cool: Who made it?