Search results

1. J

Alvepora propagation

Is there any safe way to frag this coral without cutting it's base? I only want a few branching polyps, and I am too impatient to wait for it to reproduce on its own. I haven't found much on it on the Inet and very little on its cousin Goniopora, other than cutting it at its base.
  2. J

Mandarin and sand sifting gobies

My long term plan, 8 - 10 months from now is to add a Mandarin to my 125. Of course I want the system to be teaming with pods and such. I also was interested in sand sifting gobies, but am worried that they will also disturb and/or eat too many pods. I don't think I want any other animal...
  3. J

Closed loop vs. Streamers and power heads

I am already thinking about extra flow in my display as my tank is just finishing its initial cycle. I have researched closed loops and it seems like a lot of plumbing, big external pump and lots of pvc in or around the display. I have also researched Tunze and the new Vortech from Icecap...
  4. J

Joe69's 125G Reef Project

I am getting ready to embark on wonderful adventure and thought it would be a great idea to have everyone here tag along on my journey. First things first, get new carpet, because wife says so...... Ok, got carpet ordered, but the tile in the front entrance way is way out-of-date, so lay new...
  5. J

My NanoCube

I wanted to share some pics of my Nano, it's been up and running for just over 1 yr. It has gone through many stages and problems, but it has finally stablized, at least for now. The latest stage has been caluerpa and bubble algae, but I think I almost have it whipped. Full tank shot...
  6. J

Anyone getting good skimate from their fission skimmer?

Hi, I'm pretty new here, but have noticed that a few members are using the fission skimmer on their nanos. I bought one about a month ago and it seemed to work great the first week. Then the bubble reducing pad got loaded with crap and I ended up changing it. Worked great again for about a...
  7. J

Hello All!

Hi, I been lurking around long enough and decided I should really get to know all the great members on this board. I live and work in Pueblo, Colorado, so if there is anyone that lives close by let me know and maybe we can swap some softies, as that is all I presently have. I have a 12...