Search results

1. J

Woody's Corral

Wonderful pics and ponies, it must be so beautiful and peaceful to watch.
  2. J

Joe69's 125G Reef Project

I know Wit, I just can't understand it.:)
  3. J

Charlie and Craig, thanks for the clarification. I knew it was a Maroon clown, but started caling it a cinamon clown because others in the reef club did. I didn't know that it was a gold striped however. Is there a big difference between the yellow striped and the gold striped maroon...
  4. J

Well I thought it would be a good time to show off some the livestock. The tank has been running for 2 months and I have slowly added fish and corals along the way. I have been a little lazy on taking pics however. I did not turn off the pumps before I took these pics so you have to deal...
  5. J

Charlie97L's Mixed Reef Tank (58g)

Awsesome clam and great pics Charlie. I like your aquascaping idea with the fish retreat too, good thinking!
  6. J

Witty's Monster 210 Experiment

Wow! Those are fantastic pics Wit. That's a big shrimp too, how often does it get fed?
  7. J

Woody's Corral

Great looking horses Doni. My friend has a 30gal seahorse tank, he successfully keeps a blue spot jawfish and tiny gobie in his as well. The horses don't move around much so the tiny fish keep the tank alive with movement, but everyone always has their eyes fixed on the ponies.
  8. J

Taking The Flame Angel Challenge..Share your success or disaster

I recently added a flame angel to my tank and he is a model citizen. I was affraid as you were about him nipping on corals. Before I bought him I watched him at the LFS for over an hour. He was in a tank with tons of coral and clams. He never bothered any of them and he just picked at the...
  9. J

Charlie97L's Mixed Reef Tank (58g)

It sounds fantastic, I sure would like to see some pictures if you get a chance.
  10. J

210g reef in NJ

Nice tank Billy, let's see a pic of the Xenia again when it is feeling better. Glad to see you were able to find it.
  11. J

Here is a picture of the maxijet mods I made for flow. They work great, I'm guessing that each one puts out between 1000gph - 1300gph. This is just estimation, as I have no way of acurately calculating the flow. With 2 of these in the tank and the return pump, I'm figuring I have around...
  12. J

Gina's 30g. Cube

Gina, great looking tank. I have also been wondering about Dwarf Seahorses with feeding being my main concern. I don't have the time or inclination to breed live shrimp or rotifers and feed 3+ times a day. If you get any info on them please let me know. I think they are fascinating animals.
  13. J

Witty's Monster 210 Experiment

Very nice angel, I love the colors.
  14. J

Thanks Gina and Rougiem, that means a lot coming from you guys. I thought I would show off the way I am doing my auto top-off. The tank is against the wall of the garage. At first I thought of having everything in the garage, sump and all, but it is too hot in the summer and too cold in the...
  15. J

Woody's Corral

Awesome seahorse tank Doni. I want to go with dwarf seahorses in a nano someday, but until then I will have fun watching yours progress. I love what you've done so far!
  16. J

billyr98: I think you are right. I will probably add another fan next month as the temps here in this part of Colorado approach the triple digits. I just have to find some more PC power supplies to rob the fan from. I work in the IT field, so it is not too hard for me to find them...
  17. J

cioutlaw: Great question. The vents have about an 1/8th of an inch clearence. The heat is vented out the back and the top of the canopy. The top is open. Here are some pics of the vents and the open canopy.
  18. J

It's been awhile since I've posted any pics on the tank. I finally decided to go with a canopy. I just didn't like the way the room was flooded with light at night. One of the neighbors even asked me what I was grow'n in the living room. So I called my friend up who built my stand and he...
  19. J

Pair of royal grammas?

I'm with Wit, I would take one back.
  20. J

will bubble algae go away on its own?

For the big rocks you can't remove from the tank, take your turkey baster in one hand and try to pull the bubble aglea off the rock without popping it. If you end up popping it, quickly suck up the spores around it. This has worked for me, but if you don't get all the spores plan on having...