Search results

1. niagara135

Reefs and spouses~

The saltwater tank was all my wife's doing. We had a freshwater tank and I just wasn't interested in it. One day I came home from work and it was filled with saltwater. Now I am the one who takes care of the tank while she comes and looks at it. Can't complain at all, if I say I need something...
  2. niagara135

woke up to a nightmare

Ditto on the resealing, it's worth a shot. Everything will be fine in the rubbermaid container for awhile to give you time to cut and reseal. Cheaper in the long run.
  3. niagara135

I have lost faith in our goverment poll

In the heat of anger things are said that are not truely meant. There is allot of confusion which leads to allot of anger. You will read and see things that were said and will be said, allot negative. Take it in stride, the comments made are illfully made in anger and by the minority. All we can...
  4. niagara135

OT Gas Prices in your area?

Around Buffalo, NY there are high prices of $3.39 and low prices of $2.69 on the indian reservations. I haven't rode the motorcycle because of the chilly mornings, but it looks like I may have to quit being a wimp and use it more for daily commuting.
  5. niagara135

~Testing~

I find the best test kit are the corals themselves. I have a torch coral which is a good indication of what is going on in the tank, ie salt too high. As time goes on and I really sink some money into more and expensive corals I will probably break down and get a test kit.
  6. niagara135

Skimmate

I do believe I have the same skimmer w/mag 7 as you. I also have the extra large cup on mine. Same thing as you are talking about. Some days the cup is full and it is very wet, others there is not much. No adjustments on the skimmer that I can see. Alot of times I will turn the skimmer off for...
  7. niagara135

BareBottom Club

I went BB a couple months ago. For the past month my tank has been basically on it's own as I have been renovating my second story and the tank has been doing just great. It was a month before I actually took a few moments to clean the glass, that happened at least every couple of days with sand.
  8. niagara135

Lemonpeel trouble

I also had a lemonpeel that would also irritate my anemone and a few corals. Back to the LFS he went with a coral beauty I had that was being pretty good good with everything, just didn't want to take a chance of either of them doing any serious damage to anything.
  9. niagara135

niagara's now 90 gal. bb

Well I thought I would post some pictures of the now bb tank. Over the last couple of weeks I have put the tank through you know what getting the sand out and getting the starboard in. In the process I lost a six line (dissapeared) and removed 3 large urchins and a very aggresive cinnamon clown...
  10. Full_Tank_6-19-2005

Full_Tank_6-19-2005

11. Left_Side_6-19-2005

Left_Side_6-19-2005

12. Right_Side_6-19-05

Right_Side_6-19-05

13. niagara135

barebottom ?

I'm new to the bb, heck new to saltwater. I just recently pulled out all my sand and put starboard down. I had about 20 to 30 blue legged crabs that I left in after going bb. They crawl all over the rock and keep it clean. I have a sebae anemone and it likes to perch on a crevis of the rocks. So...
  14. niagara135

My 3 week old 90 gallon

Well I thought I would wait a couple of weeks before I pulled out the rock and put the starboard down. Got home from work, took one look at the board and started pulling out the rock. There is still a bit of dusty fine sand floating around on the bottom but it will be out in due time. Well...
  15. niagara135

new water change technique

Sounds like it might be time to put the sump a little lower than the main tank and use a overflow box as Wit has stated. I don't know if I would trust 2 pumps with valves to keep water circulating between 2 level tanks. I'm still waiting for the big flood to happen, hopefully it wont...jinx.
  16. niagara135

Pod Love Nests.. a neat idea!

Anybody try this?? Does it really work??
  17. niagara135

Anybody have an idea??

2 more small snails found today for a total of 3, plus more eggs on the back wall of the sump. If this keeps up I won't have to buy snails anymore.
  18. niagara135

My 3 week old 90 gallon

Starboard just arrived today. I really don't want to pull everything back out just yet, maybe in a couple of weeks. Looks like I better get myself an Orange Crush for the bottle cap, it's worth a shot.
  19. niagara135

Sump cleaning?

I put the biggest tank under my stand that would fit. With the light on top I barely have room to open the tank top, let alone get something in there to clean it. Are there any good critters to put in there to help keep it clean so I won't have to clean it often, if at all??? Right now there are...
  20. niagara135

My 3 week old 90 gallon

Yet again I learn something new. Who says you don't learn something new every day. The clown I have left in the tank is still not showing interest in the anemone, but it has only been a few days since the other was removed.