Search results

1. M

ID please

I have attached some pictures of some new arrivals in my tank. Are these friend or foe? The first one looks like some sort of anenome and the second one I was hoping was new yellow polyps but it may be aiptasia. What do you think and if they are bad how do I get rid of them. Thanks for the...
  2. M

help dyed coral

This the only store intown besides Petco which carries very limited satwater fish and petsmart which only carries dry goods.
  3. M

help dyed coral

Well I went back to the store today and talked to the lady who sold me the coral. She said she was not aware of the fact that it was dyed. She said the water in the bag was clear. However, she said that she has received dyed corals in the past and has requested that the company that she gets her...
  4. M

help dyed coral

I made an impules purchase at the LFS which I know beleive is a mistake. I bought the two corals pictured below the pink leather for $69.99 and the orange leather for 29.99. I am fairly new to the hobby and asked the lady at the store whether the corals were dyed because I had never seen such...
  5. M

Algae problem

I have a 45G tall aquarium which has been up and running for approximatley 8months. I am running a cascade 700 canister filter and a rio 800 powerhead and a air pump with attached bubble bar. I have 40# live rock and a 3 to 4" sand bed. Livestock includes 1yellow tang, 2 Green chromis, and a...
  6. M

Algae problem

ro water only
  7. M

Algae problem

I am having a problem with what I think is red slime algae. I will attempt to post a picture. I have been trying to get rid of it with water changes every week or so but with in a day or two after the cleaning it is back. What are some possible solutions to getting rid of it? Is there anything...
  8. 100_0561

100_0561

9. 100_0563

100_0563

10. 100_0564

100_0564

11. M

Help fish death

The fish on the list is the one that died. No, i did not notice any ick or signs of disease. The picture on my photo gallary is of the fish a few days before his death.
  12. M

Help fish death

A few months back I bought 2 false percula clown fish they seemed to be doing fine and (eating and very active) then all of a sudden they just died a day apart after 2 months. So I had the water tested nothing apparently wrong. I then waited a few weeks an bought another one same senario it died...
  13. 332p

332p

14. 327p

327p

15. 317p

317p

16. M

Air pump help

I have a 45G tall aquarium which has been up and running for approximatley 7 months. I am running a cascade 700 canister filter and a rio 800 powerhead and a air pump with attacged bubble bar. I have 40# live rock and a 3 to 4" sand bed. Livestock includes yellow tang, 1 percula clown, 2 Green...