Search results

1. thearnley

Building new sump - which section for a Zeovit reactor??

I'm building a new sump for my 220 gallon reef out of a 150 gallon glass tank (72" x 18" x 29") with an external pump. The 1st section will be the drain and skimmer section. I also plan to have a section filled with live rock (no lights). I'm currently researching and thinking about moving to...
  2. thearnley

What kind/size air pump to buy??

I'm planning to set up a couple 2-3 gallon clownfish fry grow-out tanks and do some plankton and rotifer culturing - maybe 8 outlets total. I need to know what kind and size air pump to provide the appropriate aeration. Can someone give me suggestions? I've never used any air pumps before...
  3. thearnley

Getting my Aqua Medic SP3000 to work :( HOW?

Ok, I'm at a loss. I'm trying to get my dosing pump to work but I can't get a drop to come through it. I'm trying to use it with a kalk reactor but I can't even get it to pump a drop with just hose and a bucket. Is there a trick to getting it to start or what? :help1:
  4. thearnley

NEW Multi-Tank Build

Well, after joining this place after I already had my tank set up, I'm finally planning my new build since my wife and I bought a new house with an unfinished basement. I've 'negotiated' quite a few square feet of the basement for my 'tank room' with at least 1 in-wall tank. The system...
  5. thearnley

FS - Shutting down my 210 FOWLR :(

Due to a severe lack of time, I have to take down my 210 FOWLR. I'm selling my livestock and it needs to go soon. Here's the current inhabitants. 1) 22" Zebra Moray $100 2) 4" French Angel $100 3) 4-5" Foxface Rabbit $20 4) 3-4" Stars & Stripes Puffer $30 5) 4" Algae Eating Blenny...
  6. thearnley

Metal Halides - What is too much?

I'm currently running an Aqualight Pro with 2x 250 watt halides with actinic PC's. I'm not real happy with the light coverage on the sides of the tank. I'm thinking of re-doing the inside of my canopy with a retro kit of: 2 super actinic VHO's and 4 x 175 watt metal halides spaced to more...
  7. thearnley

How big can a bristle worm get?

Just happened to be up way too early to get a head start on the slick roads this morning and peeked into the tank and there was just enough light that I could see something that FREAKED me out! At first I thought it was a mantis shrimp but after chasing it around a bit with a flashlight before...
  8. thearnley

Refugium - feed from drain or return?

I'm about to install a new sump with separate refugium. My quesion is: What is the best way to feed water to a fuge? A 'T' with ball valve from the drain line? Or a 'T' w/ball valve from the return pump? :dunno:
  9. thearnley

Good Bye EV180 - Hello ASM G2!!!!!

Well, I've had it with my Aqua C ev180 :banghead: . After a year of changing pumps and adjusting constantly, I've purchased an ASM G2 skimmer. Anyone else have problems with the EV skimmer? I'm going to do the gate valve mod before I install the ASM - might do the mesh mod after I see how...
  10. thearnley

Mantis in the refugium.

OK, here's my first question on RS. Not what I though it would be but here go's....I'm putting a 12 gallon fuge on my 210 FOWLR - not so much for the sake of providing a filter for the 210 but I've never had a fuge before so I guess it's just something to 'play around with' and maybe grow some...