Search results

1. AndtheBonus

Quick question about water

I was just wondering if I buy premixed salt water from the LFS how long will stay good for? Will the salt become separated from the water and will it need to be remixed again or can it sit for a few weeks and still be good to use for water changes? Thanks!
  2. AndtheBonus

What fish should I get?

Hi everyone! I have a 24 g Aquapod containing one coral beauty angel. I am looking to add one more fish to the tank! Any suggestions? I want a very unique fish that will get along with the angel and the corals in my tank! As far as corals go I have a variety of zoanthids, a leather...
  3. AndtheBonus

Don't know what to do. Too many!

Alright so a while back I was given about 400 dwarf ceriths. Well my tank is only a 24g so clearly I did not put them all in well, because if I did I think they would stack up to be the height of my tank.:turntable I put a good amount in the tank a while back but still have tons and tons in a...
  4. AndtheBonus

Lighting + Algae Question

I recently started my tank over about two months ago after a big hair algae problem. The LFS that I currently go to was baffled at the whole situation. For six months I had phosphates at 0, ites and ates at 0, ammonia at 0. After the HA got way out of hand we decided it would be best to...
  5. AndtheBonus

A Couple of Lighting Questions

It's the time where I need to get a new light for my Aquapod 24! I have the Sunpod HQI Metal Halide setup. Right now there is a 150W MH DE bulb in there. I was thinking about it and possibly thinking about putting in a 70W bulb for heat and evaporation issues. Would it be possible to put a...
  6. AndtheBonus

Looking to buy a 70W or 150W MH bulb

Hey everyone, I am currently looking to buy a new 150W MH bulb for my 20" Current USA MH fixture for my Aquapod 24g. A 70W will work as well since my corals do not need intense light (mostly zoos, polyps, and a leather) and I wouldn't mind not having to worry about higher temperatures. If...
  7. AndtheBonus

Cleaning Pumps and Powerheads

Alright well its time to give all my pumps and powerheads a nice cleaning. Can I let my them sit in a bucket with water and vinegar for a day or two? If so, is any good old vinegar from the grocery store good to go or should I look for a specific kind/brand? Also, this may be a stupid...
  8. AndtheBonus

About how long do MH bulbs last?

My 150W Metal Halide bulb is about 8 months old and it runs 8 hours a day. Should I be looking to get a new bulb soon? If so, when? Also, I have the Aquapod 24's Sunpod HQI 150W double ended bulb. Do I need to get that exact bulb at 14000K (I think thats what it is) or can I get a different...
  9. AndtheBonus

Is it possible I have a mantis??

So as some of you may or may not know 3 of my fish died all within the same day or 2 :(. But none of them recovered! I went to my LFS to check my parameters because my tests kept on showing everything was perfect. All their tests also showed perfect water conditions. Except Mg2+ was a little...
  10. AndtheBonus

Sad News :(

Well something is def wrong with my tank! My true. perc clown died two days ago and my two other fish (6-line and royal gramma) havn't been seen in three days :(. I am pretty sure they are dead. I have looked everywhere and just cannot find them. I am convinced my test kits are messed up...
  11. AndtheBonus

True Percula Clown Acting Very Strange

Last night I noticed that my clown fish was breathing very heavily. Today he will swim around fine then lay down on his side or lay side ways in my ball of chaeto and not move even when I touch him. It is very strange. I will leave the room and come back and he will have moved then I will see...
  12. AndtheBonus

HA Just won't go away!

Alright so as some of you may know I have been battling lots of Hair Algae for the last few months. Alright well on Monday I took out all the rocks and scrubbed then down getting as much as I possibly could! I scrubbed the pumps, powerheads...everything. Although I could not get every last...
  13. AndtheBonus

Tank is crashing. Need Help ASAP!

Alright so here's the deal. Ever since the beginning of February hair algae has been a little problem in my tank. It has gotten to the point now where it is covering every piece of rock. My tank is 5 1/2 months old. I have the 24 gallon aquapod and I do 5 gallon water changes every week...
  14. AndtheBonus

Need Help Fast!

I picked up a lawnmower blenny 2 days ago. He has been doing great until this morning. I look in the tank and he is upside down. When I went to pick him up with a net he turned back over on his own so I decided to leave him in there! Now hes turning over every few seconds, kind of like he is...
  15. AndtheBonus

Pump for Aquapod 24?

Alright so I have decided it is necessary to upgrade my stock pump in my AP 24. In there right now is the stock 290gph pump. My LFS advised me to get a bigger size but suggested the Maxi-Jet 1200, which is only going to give me 295gph. Will 5 gph make a decent difference? What other pumps...
  16. AndtheBonus

Sumbersible light for Chaeto

I was thinking about adding some Chaeto to the back chamber of my Aquapod. The problem is that no light gets back there. Could I add a submersible light and some chaeto in the back chambe? And if so what type of submersible light would be good? Thanks -Mitch
  17. AndtheBonus

Red Algae Growth!

Alright so I am going to my LFS in a little bit and was wondering what I can get to get rid of all this red algae on the rock in my tank! Sorry I cannot get a good pic because my camera broke. I am going to do a 20% water change today and test a few hours after. Right now all tests are in...
  18. AndtheBonus

What kind of Zoas are these?

I bought these Zoas from the LFS and I forgot what kind he told me they were :rolleyes:. Sorry for the blurriness my camera decided to break today! So they are taken with my phone :banghead:. The Zoas are green on the outside, orange, and then blue on the inside. Once again sorry for the...
  19. AndtheBonus

Latex Gloves- Are they safe?

Well basically the title says it all! Are latex gloves safe to use inside a reef aquarium?
  20. AndtheBonus

Need some help!

Ok well I was gone for a week and I come back today to find things I have not seen before. First is I have noticed a little bit of hair algae growth. It is very small but I would like to contain it now! What can I do to get rid of it? Should I add to me clean up crew? Currently in there I...