Search results

1. JeffreyLebowski

Interesting development re: SPS polyp extension/growth

So I had a nice piece of SPS in my biocube 29...toward the bottom because my LED lighting tends to bleach anything higher...I've had it for quite some time and I don't know whether it 'got used' to my tanks params, but it was the only piece of SPS I was able to keep...I'll try to remember the...
  2. JeffreyLebowski

Stomatella...shooting out...?

Saw these random bursts of clouds in my tank and looked for the source and its what looks like a small stomatella...my question is, is this a reproductive act---or maybe just sifting through some sand? Of course he was done with his fun by the time I got the camera out, but I tried to take a...
  3. JeffreyLebowski

Aiptasia coercing me into going FOWLR

I don't know anymore honestly...I've tried useless peppermint shrimp...I've shot with Kalk paste...then with Aiptasia X, which was actually working, so I thought and then I come back from a few days away and it's all over the place. I am strongly considering a bristle-tail filefish...I think...
  4. JeffreyLebowski

Display Fuge for Frag Tank

Hello friends! I got a good deal on an acrylic small tank that is drilled and I am going to use as a frag tank...it is a shallow tank that is about 10g I assume. I was originally going to use my on-hold-but-running 5.5g pico as a display fuge, but figured I'd go to Petco and splurge the $10 on...
  5. JeffreyLebowski

New pre-drilled frag tank..plumbing help please!

So I've only had a Biocube and a pico with HOB filtration...got a good deal on a small acrylic frag tank...its approx 24x8x9 or something close to that...has a 1.75" hole for drain on right...and 1.5" hole for return on left... I was planning on using my 5.5g pico as the sump (knowing I will...
  6. JeffreyLebowski

Halloween Hermit Crab attacking Crocea Clam :(

ARGH! I am quite annoyed! I go down to check on tank before bed time and see my hermit with a death grip on what seems to be the foot of my clam... WTF!! I've had it for over a month without a problem, and have had the hermit for 2+ years. I have a feeling I may be having crab for dinner...
  7. JeffreyLebowski

Current Nova Extreme T-5...18"...Can't get splash lens off!!

Oh boy...so I purchased a pico from a local reefer less than a year ago...ordered new bulbs and now I can't get the splash guard acrylic off...I don't want to break anything, but it seems maybe salt creep is impeding the track? I dont know :(. Anyone have any suggestions??
  8. JeffreyLebowski

GFCI Problems

Hello all...I will get right to it. Had some electrical work done about a month ago...serious stuff, house was underpowered so we increased the voltage coming into the house and got a bigger panel. Right after that, everytime I turned on my Mac Pro desktop (on a different circuit, in a...
  9. JeffreyLebowski

Treating R/O Water?

So I've been using for a while now the PetCo 5g saltwater and Walmart/Target R/O Top-off water. I was wondering if I need to add any trace elements to the R/O? I have been thinking about adding kalk to it, but I need to set up my ATO again to get everything running smoothly. Any help is...
  10. JeffreyLebowski

5.5 AGA Pico... kritter keeper fuge?

I have googled this a bit and all I've seen is pretty old threads. In my pico I have used an AC20 and AC40 (I think) modded into fuges and the impellers keep getting clogged/damaged. I guess it's sand and other things getting in there. My idea was to use a pump and a kritter keeper. I have...
  11. JeffreyLebowski

Mini Rainbow Carpet Anemone Split

Got this fun little guy for free when I purchased some frags (I had my eye on one for a while anyway)...it seems to have split yesterday and has 4 mouths...I've been feeding it mysis for the fun of it...anything else I need to know about these guys? I have read not to put my hand anywhere near...
  12. JeffreyLebowski

Clownfish shock?

My little guy just freaked me out...ahhh... we had a lot of electrical work done today and the tank was down (just with a battery op bubbler) for a few hours...it has been on for probably the last 8 no problem and then something tripped the GFI... I come and switch it back and my clown...
  13. JeffreyLebowski

Hitchhiker Fun in Pico Form!

So I had purchased a pico from a local reefer a little while back and had a bunch of things go wrong, so after a little time I decided to start it back up from scratch...its a 5.5g tank now connected to an AC40 I believe (the smaller, used to have bigger one but impeller kept getting clogged)...
  14. JeffreyLebowski

White tiny shell-looking things on rock

Hello! Started noticing these white bumps popping up all over my rock...the only guess I have is it may have something to do with a turbo snail I recently bought that has a bunch of barnacles hitchhiking on it...maybe? sorry for photo it is from iphone :overhere:
  15. JeffreyLebowski

Tap Water Conditioners

I know I know...R/O is the way to go...but right now I have to use some tap water for top-off. What is the best possible water conditioner/additive that I can use? I use the PetCo saltwater for my regular water changes etc and buy Walmart water for top-off, but there is so much evaporation on...
  16. JeffreyLebowski

Water Changes and Acans

So I've noticed a trend with my tank...About every 2+ weeks I do a water change on my biocube 29...and lately right before I am about to do it the acans all look better than ever...plump and gorgeous...why is this? You would think they'd look best right after a water change lol:poke:
  17. JeffreyLebowski

The "How Did That Get There" Thread

So I was checking out my tank doing a nice job of rebounding from nudibranch nuking mania and noticed this: The nuclear green a few inches back...amongst the blue palys...how'd it get there? everything pictured (the duncan, nuclear green, palys, etc.) survived the nuking...so g-bless...
  18. JeffreyLebowski

What went down and the return of my BC29!

Been crazy busy at work, never got to start a new tank thread or talk enough about what happened. Some of you might have seen a couple of my posts. Long story, short...the pretty nudibranch I had more than likely wiped out most of my tank...It was fine, eating sponge, but probably got caught...
  19. JeffreyLebowski

Warpaint(ish?) Acan?

What do you think...seems to be morphing colors a bit...picture is under blue/red LEDs courtesy of eBay lol. LEDs and T-5s in my pico Eating...baby heads...woo
  20. JeffreyLebowski

Clear Polyp Anemone Type Thing

So I've done some searches and it looks like I've got some solitary Caryophylliidae on my new live rock...It's impossible for me to take a picture of it, mainly because of my photography skill not my equipt lol. it looks like the one this dude is talking about: CaryFAQs Has that skeleton...