Search results

1. S

New 125 build

So I picked this 125 up from someone who comes in the place I work. It had holes in the bottom for 1 in bulkheads which I am going to use for the returns and I am drilling 2 2 3/8 holes to accommodate 1 1/2 in bulkheads for 2 Durso standpipes and I am going to manufacture 2 corner overflow boxes...
  2. S

BTA splitting?

I got a BTA the other day from a fellow reefer absolutely beautiful by the way and when I got home today it looked kind of funny the disc is almost heart shaped and the mouth is all the way to one side of it. Is this an indication that it is getting ready to split? It has fit right in to my tank...
  3. S

Calcium reactor upgrade

The impeller on the mag 5 pump I use on my calcium reactor for recirculation decided to break so I am going to try the fractionating impeller available for it. I am thinking it will break up the co2 bubbles better and therefore making it more efficient at co2 usage. I will of course publish my...
  4. S

T5 bulb suggestions

Hi I am getting ready to replace my t5 bulbs and I know I want to use ATI bulbs but dont know the colors each of their selections represents does anyone have any suggestions? I have a 14k 250w phoenix on an icecap ballast and 4x39w t5 on a icecap 660 with tek II reflectors . I was using...
  5. S

Red lines on tank glass and on rock

I wish I could take a picture but it doesnt show up. I have these thin red lines showing up everywhere in my tank the best way to describe them is they look kind of like a lightning streak. with small lines coming off the main line. I have seen a couple red flatworms in my fuge and I am scared...
  6. S

| need to get my co2 canister filled, help!!!

Anyone have any luck getting a 5lb co2 canister filled in the Burlington NC area . I dont understand this place if I want to go to church I have endless choices but anything else that I may have an interest in I am SOL. Anyone?
  7. S

New RO unit

Hi everyone. I just won this RO on ebay last night. I am curious as to the DI cartridges. Are the horizontal variety any better or worse than the vertical? THis is my first RO unit after years of buying water from an LFS. Now that im in NC it is not as readily available so getting a hold of one...
  8. S

just live rock.com

I stumbled on this website Live Rock - Buy Live Rock For Sale At $2 Per Pound At Just Live Rock and am curious if anyone else has bought anything from them. Their prices are very reasonable and everything is aquacultured in the florida keys. It really seems too good. That is why I am wondering...
  9. S

New Sicce stream and Coralvue circulation pumps

Has anyone had any experience with the new Sicce Voyager or the Coralvue High Seas stream pumps? I am looking to replace some of my in tank circulation pumps with something different. I was looking at a couple controllable Tunze nanos but noticed these other 2 on the aquacave website CoralVue...
  10. S

WTB live sand/Rock rubble

Hi I am looking for some sand out of someones tank just a small amount will do it approx 5-10 lbs. Im also looking for some fully cycled rubble for the rubble zone I keep in my fuge . I would prefer to pick up as opposed to ship so any one within 50 mi of BUrlington NC or more I am willing to...
  11. S

wtb 1500-2000 gph pump and some rubble/sand

I am finally getting back to setting up my system after moving to NC from mi. I am looking to either buy some rock or will take some rubble/sand or a small amount of rock if anyone is feeling generous. and also a 1500-2000 gph return pump. My system is a 65 tall with a 50 sump. I am going to...
  12. S

I finally made it to N.C.

I finally made it to North Carolina. Anyone else on here that lives in the Triad area I would love to hear from you. Right now im trying to track down a LFS within relatively close driving range to Graham,so if anyone could help me out in that department. I found some reviews on here about a...
  13. S

new guy

Hey there found this site browsing for info and what the hell cant belong to too many reef forums so here I am. I have been keeping aquariums for almost 2 yrs. started out doing F.W. Planted tanks and breeding cherry shrimp then one of my buddies starting building his own reef tank and I...