Search results

1. dgasmd

750g SPS tank

Well, since I already started a thread elsewhere about the tank, I will post a link to it instead of trying to do it all over again here. Enjoy and I welcome comments and questions. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5253 :bigbounce :bigbounce :bigbounce
  2. dgasmd

MACNA speaker session. Very disappointed!!

I had registered for MACNA months ago. I was going to buy my plane ticket yesterday, so I went to their site to see when the talks began on friday. I noticed they have all the talks concurrently during the day running 3 of them all the time. That means you can only go to 1/3 of the talks and you...
  3. dgasmd

New tank is finally home

Check this link It is too hard to do it all over again. Alberto
  4. dgasmd

Need suggestions and advice on camera choices

OK, I have been seriously considering getting a new digital camera. The 2 cameras I have been trying to decide and pretty comparable in price. They are the Canon D10 and the Nikon D100. The problem for me personally is that when I go to the usual sites to compare and read reviews, they all use a...
  5. dgasmd

Dgasmd's tank- what used to be at least!!!

Well, I was looking at my old pictures today and it almost got me teary when I saw how my tank looked like before I went loco with the chop chop and sold all the colonies. Now it looks like one big bucket of rocks and frags. Maybe one day when I move up to the 600g (120"Lx48"Wx24"T) or 900g...
  6. dgasmd

FL people. A question for you.

Robz tells me in south FL it is very common to ahve saltwater services come to your palce and deliver natural saltwater. So, you don't need tomix your own and such. Is this true? I really don't trust the guy much :D :D :D How do they compare in price? Volume?
  7. dgasmd

Show me you mug shot!!!!!!!!

Show me your mug shot!!!!!!!! Me and Robz were talking today and remembered the RAG mug shot thread. I figured why not start one here? Please, keep it decent and include only a picture of you.:D :D :D This is me and Massimo. Yes, I know. I haven't shaved in a few days...........
  8. dgasmd

dgasmd's tank/pictures

Well, I must admit I feel very left out and alone because nobody ever started a thread about my tank LOL........:D Actually, I've been meaning to take some half decent pictures of my tank to post for a long time, but I had been so busy in the last few months I could never get the time to...
  9. dgasmd

European skimmers. What is it with them??

I recently becamse very interested in a Deltec skimmer because of their good reputation among people that use them. So, I got curious and started to do some research. I asked a few european reefers abou it and what else is considered the elite skimmer in europe since they seem o be ahead of us...
  10. dgasmd

Playa got me in the mood for LE pictures!

I was bore taking doing some stuff, so here is a couple of pictures.:D
  11. dgasmd

A good thing just got better!!!

Well, I am taking the opportunity for once in my life to brag about something. Also, it is not completely bragging, but I feel it has been so anticlimatic I need some more people telling me WOW, go girlfriend, you da' man, etc. Today was/is my last day of residency. As most of you know, I am...
  12. dgasmd

So, how much (quantity) do you feed??

So, as I was talking today to someone about my fish, we got talking as to how much I have to feed because of some of the larger fish I have. I mentioned what my batfish alone eats and what I feed daily and I wished I had a camera to capture the jaws droping since they believed I fed the fish...
  13. dgasmd

Who here uses photoshop elements?

Do you use photoshop elements for photo editing and alterations? If you do even for any minor sharpening, let me know by posting here. Alberto
  14. dgasmd

So, what do you do for a living??

I usually see all these polls about things and have never done one. So, here is my curiosity question: What do you do for a living?? Let me go first: Yes, I am a reefaholic. In my spare time, I also do this other gig. I am an anesthesiology resident in his last 2 weeks of residency at The...
  15. dgasmd

Looking for the zoanthid dealers

OK, I may start getting some zoanthids for a new smaller tank in my bedroom. I always see all this amazing pictures of really gorgeous zoanthids, but I had never been interested enough to look for them online. I have been browsing through some of the online livestock sellers and can't hardly...
  16. dgasmd

New additions

So, yesterday I drove to this guy's house that was tearing out his tank and wanted someone to adopt his fish. I only went for one fish since I believed the others were spoken for, but turns out nobody else had contacted him. He insisted I take them all, and since I had the room and couldn't...
  17. dgasmd

Improving a beckett skimmer. Can you??

I have a rather large becket drive skimmer. It has a single beckett head in it and is ran by an iwaki 100. The mixing chamber is 12" diameter and about 40" tall. The raiser tube is about 12" tall and is 6" diameter. I run the skimmer with the air wide open. If I run the water level inside the...
  18. dgasmd

Where do you get your DI from?????

I have been using RO/DI water since the begining. The prefilters for the unit are relatively cheap, but the DI cartridges are kind of expensive and they add up quickly. I originally installed my unit with dual DI to be able to get the most out of them before having to change them, but even with...
  19. dgasmd

Chilli corals. What are they?

OK, so I'll claim some ignorance here and ask it flat out. What is the real name of a chilli coral? I saw a couple of them in my LFS and got me curious. If I knew the name I would be able to look them up. Thanks, Alberto
  20. dgasmd

Just posting some pictures

I ususally never post many pictures, but tonite I as messing around and got a cuple of nice shots. These are jsut a few of those. The last ones are the underside of one arm from one of my chocolate chip starfish. Alberto