Search results

1. reyno26

Help with sump again

:closed: Sorry for the length, but I need some experience and fresh eyes to help me with this. Last week I posted "Help - leak in sump" and used the advise about resealing. My sump is a typical 29 gallon with water intake and skimmer in the right chamber, fuge in middle, return pump on left. I...
  2. reyno26

HELP! Leak in sump

I came home to a rattling pump, low refugium, melted heater holder and water all over the floor. At 1st I thought the skimmer just overflowed, so I emptied it and refilled the sump. As I filled it back to my level line, the water slowly lowered in the right hand chamber which houses the overflow...
  3. reyno26

Can't figure out the water change

I'm new to the sump thing and having probs during water changes. I try to do 20 gal water changes every 3 weeks. I have a 90 gal (bottom pre-drilled) draining into a 29 gal sump/fuge. 1st water change I removed/replaced water in the 90 gal - turned all pumps back on and water oozed from the 90...
  4. reyno26

Worm? Good? Bad? Ugly!

After months, my 90 is up & running (coincidently, my basement flooded during the process). While setting up my powerheads, I noticed a worm, that was about 1/4 inch long, white body with brownish head/tail. It was "swimming" then curled itself up, then "swam" some more, but by the time I got...
  5. reyno26

I've got pods, now what?

I was planning to upgrade from a 37 to a 90 gal in April, then May, then June.......now shooting for August 4th. I bought more LR in March and had it "curing" in a 45 gal rubbermaid tote with a Magnum 350, maxi jet, & bio wheel for filtration. In May I purchased some macroalgae and tossed that...
  6. reyno26

Reef cleaners = great product & service!

Ordered the macro algae special. Excellent communication, quick shipping, awesome variety and a great experience! They've got a repeat customer here.
  7. reyno26

Noob question about pipefish

I'm thinking of setting up a 90 gallon with macro algae and non-aggressive fish (firefish, cardinals, blennies, etc). Are there any species of pipefish that I could put in this tank, or do they all need lower tank temps like horses? Can they be in the same tank as shrimp? Thanks
  8. reyno26

Anyone know what this is?

Just noticed this a few weeks ago. Any ideas? I'm sure the picture won't come out right, I'm still trying to figure out this upload thing. Thanks
  9. reyno26

Forum noob here

Hi all. My name is reyno26 and I'm addicted to live rock. I currently have a 4 yr old 37 gal FOWLR tank (more LR than F & water), and am in the process of upgrading to a pre-drilled 90 gal, with a 29 gal refugium. I'm still in the logistical stages of the whole thing and just discovered...