Search results

1. reyno26

Help with sump again

Re: Help with sump again - What a dope I told you I was new at this sump thing yes? It dawned on me last night that the only place the water could go was either back up the overflow or in the skimmer. I didn't think of the skimmer because it defied my logic of how much pressure it would take to...
  2. reyno26

Help with sump again

Thanks again cbrownfish. It goes down slowly while I'm filling it with nothing on (return pump that is). I'll try to take some pics tonight when I get home.
  3. reyno26

Help with sump again

:closed: Sorry for the length, but I need some experience and fresh eyes to help me with this. Last week I posted "Help - leak in sump" and used the advise about resealing. My sump is a typical 29 gallon with water intake and skimmer in the right chamber, fuge in middle, return pump on left. I...
  4. reyno26

HELP! Leak in sump

Thanks CB. I found a tube of aquarium sealant in my box of "extra's". After removing the old silicone, can I use vinegar to clean the seams? Or should I use something else?
  5. reyno26

HELP! Leak in sump

Thanks Icstorc - I was planning to do a water change today anyway, so I had salt water mixing. I thought it was going to be the quickest water change in history since all the water was on my floor to begin with. When it wouldn't stay in the sump, I knew I had a little problem. Its been one of...
  6. reyno26

HELP! Leak in sump

Thanks Chrome. I'm off to the store for some sealant, razor blades (for scraping, not my wrists :drunk: ) and another heater for the sump.
  7. reyno26

HELP! Leak in sump

I came home to a rattling pump, low refugium, melted heater holder and water all over the floor. At 1st I thought the skimmer just overflowed, so I emptied it and refilled the sump. As I filled it back to my level line, the water slowly lowered in the right hand chamber which houses the overflow...
  8. reyno26

Can't figure out the water change

Thanks for all the input and advise. I have enough room in the sump to accomodate power failure and a siphon break in the overflows. It was just weird to have the water pump out of the fuge, while I was making sure it wasn't overflowing in the DT. I think I'm going to close the valves this time...
  9. reyno26

Can't figure out the water change

I'm new to the sump thing and having probs during water changes. I try to do 20 gal water changes every 3 weeks. I have a 90 gal (bottom pre-drilled) draining into a 29 gal sump/fuge. 1st water change I removed/replaced water in the 90 gal - turned all pumps back on and water oozed from the 90...
  10. reyno26

fish tank sumps

I just used a 29 gal and put some glass partitions in. I'm not brave enough to cut glass, but it would depend on whether it's tempered or not. Search sumps or refugiums and there's a lot of designs on here to choose from as well as how-to info
  11. reyno26

ID help please

I agree with seafansar, looks like codium.
  12. reyno26

Worm? Good? Bad? Ugly!

When I saw it, my 1st thought was skinny swimming maggot.
  13. reyno26

Worm? Good? Bad? Ugly!

Thanks also Brandon & BigAl
  14. reyno26

Worm? Good? Bad? Ugly!

Thanks Wit, I've got those also (small for now), but aren't they usually red with, uh, bristles? This was smooth. I've seen pics of them here somewhere, but can't remember where.
  15. reyno26

Worm? Good? Bad? Ugly!

After months, my 90 is up & running (coincidently, my basement flooded during the process). While setting up my powerheads, I noticed a worm, that was about 1/4 inch long, white body with brownish head/tail. It was "swimming" then curled itself up, then "swam" some more, but by the time I got...
  16. reyno26

How To Catch Small Fish ???

I've used a similiar trap to JP's, but attached some fishing line to it to pull it up.
  17. reyno26

I've got pods, now what?

Thanks PEMfish, I've been waiting long enough to see it myself; had to make some adjustments to the stand so it would accomodate my skimmer. My avatar is Fat Baby Head - the spoiled cat who prefers her water straight from the tap. Thanks BigAl - During the last water change, I tossed the old...
  18. reyno26

I've got pods, now what?

I've "dispatched" 3 aiptasia already and there's one attached to the side of the rubbermaid. I'm on the lookout and will take care of them prior to the big move.
  19. reyno26

I've got pods, now what?

Thanks. Not actually much on them but pods and small tunicates/pineapple sponges.
  20. reyno26

I've got pods, now what?

I was planning to upgrade from a 37 to a 90 gal in April, then May, then June.......now shooting for August 4th. I bought more LR in March and had it "curing" in a 45 gal rubbermaid tote with a Magnum 350, maxi jet, & bio wheel for filtration. In May I purchased some macroalgae and tossed that...