Search results

1. RNicorvo

I missed the FIGHT

Need advice. I came home from work to observe something very strange. My Orange Linckia Starfish was hugging the green pocillopora in the tank. The starfish was all imbedded in it and he didn't seem to be moving. I wasn't sure what was going on so I blew a little water on him and he still...
  2. RNicorvo

UTO - Unidentified Tank Object

Just returned from a mini vacation and was checking the tank out last night. I saw something on the lr that I haven't seen before. It looks like a tiny snail w/o a shell. It's about 1/4 inch has grey/white stripes. By the time I went to get the camera it slid in between the lr, so I wasn't able...
  3. RNicorvo

Friend or Foe

My tank is 4 months old and never saw a hitchhikers until approx 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately I won't be able to post any pics since this creature only is seen late at night and the angle is somewhere between the lr. I actually thought that it was the antenna of my skunk shrimp that molted and...
  4. RNicorvo

Immediate help needed

Hello all; Having trouble with a new coral and need some quick advice. I purchased a green pocoillpora on Wednesday and yesterday I saw one of the arms looked like it was bleaching. Today the bottom half of the coral is white. I acclimated the corals (I purchased 3 from LiveAquaria) and...
  5. RNicorvo

Color Change?

Question for the experts. I just bought a blue bushy acropora coral from liveaquaria this week and placed him in a nice spot in the upper third of the tank, with a strong water flow. I just put him in Wednesday night according to all the instructions under dim light and it was pretty...
  6. RNicorvo

Hyper Peppermint?

Approx 2 months ago I asked for help in identifying a peppermint shrimp that apppeared to have different markings than the norm. Dentoid helped identify it as a Hawaiian Peppermint. I have another question. Last night I couldn't sleep so I came out to check out the tank at night and the...
  7. RNicorvo

To add a Blenny?

Question - I have a 14g Biocube and am contemplating whether I should add a Lawnmower Blenny to help with the ha. I already have a watchman goby and a royal gramma + cleaner crew = 1 peppermint, 1 skunk, 3 red legged hermit crabs and 3 small turbo snails. Thoughts please? Thanks,
  8. RNicorvo

Not so Funny Clown - Please help.

Hi - Need some quick advice. I bought a False Percula Clown yesterday and she was doing great. This morning she was on one side of the tank, struggling and her bottom was floating up. It appears that she is fighting the current. I quickly read that Clowns do not like strong current so I turned...
  9. RNicorvo

Dead Damsel

Wow, this little guy didn't last long. I have a 14g tank for approximately 6 weeks. I have: 1 peppermint shrimp 1 skunk cleaner 1 tiny red leg leg hermit crab 1 narscissus snail Everyone is doing fine for a week and 1/2 so Wednesday I checked all the levels which were: 1.020 sg 0...
  10. RNicorvo

To skim or not to skim...that is my Q.

Hi all, This will be my 4th official week into reefing and so far I'm loving it. I'm into reading overload though! :bugout: and need some more help. I have an Oceanic 14g Bio cube 11 lbs lr live sand 1 candy cane shrimp 1 skunk cleaner shrimp 1 red leg hermit crab 1 narssarius...
  11. RNicorvo

Shrimp ID

Hi all! :fishy: I'm new and thought I purchased a Peppermint, however the markings are different. I wish I could post a pic, however, son brought my camera on a cruise and well lets just say, too many pics of girlfriend and camera went overboard! LOL. Anyway, I need your help in...
  12. RNicorvo

I messed up!

My first mess up! I've had my new 14g Biocube for a week and a half. Had my water tested at Big Al's on Wednesday and everything was fine except the salt level. It was at 1.028 - almost there. Today, had the water tested and the salt spiked to 1.031 -:dunno: I was advised to add some fresh...
  13. RNicorvo

My New Nano 14g

Ok here is my first attempt at a Salt Water Tank, so I'm open for lots of feedback and ideas. I received a wonderful gift certificate for mother's day and headed over to Big Al's this week. By Wednesday, I got the cube set up with live rock, salt water and live sand. Visited again today...
  14. RNicorvo

Greetings All

Hi everyone, my name is Robin and I received a wonderful gift certificate from my boys for Mother's Day! So I visited Big Al's Aquarium near Fort Lauderdale tonight and bought my first Oceanic 14 gal tank and stand. So here I sit looking at an empty tank, but very very excited to start my...