Search results

1. PSU4ME

Can anyone upload photos?

I’m getting an error but wondering if it’s just me?
  2. PSU4ME

Fluconzanole Treatment

Has anyone used this for bryopsis? I’ve done it a few times and looking to have a convo about the how and why’s……..seems to work pretty good. I use the reef flux stuff
  3. PSU4ME

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and your family from Reef Sanctuary!
  4. PSU4ME

Reefing Event

If anyone is interested and local, this event is happening in CT in December!
  5. PSU4ME

Any New Upgrades?

As we move into the winter I always feel a renewed interest in my tank because I’m now back inside more often. Tank usually runs on autopilot through summer. So as I was getting back to it, I realized my calcium was low……… raising that up a bit now but the tank is growing. My big push this...
  6. PSU4ME

Inflation Fears - what do you stock up on?

Wondering how folks might be safe guarding themselves against inflation, supply chain issues and sadly I must throw war into this conversation. I have enough stock here for a bit but no I’m starting to wonder if I need more. What do you all think?
  7. PSU4ME

OT: Happy Mother’s Day!

To all you wonderful mother’s out there, Happy Mother’s Day!!
  8. PSU4ME

KP Aquatics Live Rock

Has anyone ever gotten rock for KP Aquatics? I’m looking to do a full swap of my initially dead but still not very alive live rock with their rock. Got it sent airport to airport and I’m picking it up in 2 hours. Would love to hear other’s experience - will post mine here as well!
  9. PSU4ME

ICP Tests

Who does them and which company do you like? After watching $1200 worth of sps STN I’m looking for a problem outside of parameter swings and I’m leaning this way. Thanks!!
  10. PSU4ME

Adding live rock

Hi, Looking to understand if it’s safe to add live rock to a clean system. I bought some live rock fresh from the ocean...... 3 day shipped, stunk pretty bad but I’ve got it to a point where the extra tank it’s in is holding the ammonia in check. I want to add this LR to my established tank...
  11. PSU4ME

Acclimation boxes

What do folks use for this? I’m thinking nems, wrasses etc. Who uses what product?
  12. PSU4ME

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to our Reef Sanctuary family! Hope everyone is safe and enjoying time with their (immediate) family!!
  13. PSU4ME

Attendance!

Hi Everyone! It's been some time since I've had a tank (5 years) so I've not been around much but now that I'm back.....boy I’d love to hear from all the friends I've made over the years. Back in the late 90's I had a 90 gallon tank that I sold a basketball sized purple rimmed monti to...
  14. PSU4ME

New Toys?

Hey Guys and Gals! I figured I’d start a thread to see what everyone got for their tanks now that the holidays are coming to an end. New, upgrades, it all counts! Lots of year end deals so let’s hear what you got! I’ll start: Starting a new build, a waterbox 6026 peninsula tank! Lots more...
  15. PSU4ME

Anyone is Giesemann Aurora?

I’m looking to see if anyone has thoughts on the giesemann Aurora? Looking to light my peninsula with it and I see mixed reviews online but a consistently high price tag lol. would welcome any thoughts!
  16. PSU4ME

PSU’s Peninsula

Well folks we started off with getting a small cube style tank “just for the kids”...... and it led to me purchasing a new Waterbox 6026 peninsula tank. 60”x26”x24 with roughly 180 gallons in the system before sand/rock displacement. More to come as it comes together but the process has begun!!
  17. PSU4ME

New Red Sea Tanks, XL 200/300

Does anyone know when the new tank will be available for purchase? These are the XL 200 and 300 tanks that were announced in October and it stated "early 2020". I was considering the reefer 250 but after finding out the stand was MDF my fears of a tank on the floor surfaced and pushed me to...
  18. PSU4ME

Saltwater and Septic Tanks

While at times a bad SW tank can smell like a septic tank (you know that smell....) but I’m looking to understand your experiences with draining SW “changes” in the septic tank. Do you do it? What’s good, what’s bad? Does it cause problems? Would love to hear thoughts and experiences. thanks!!
  19. PSU4ME

Kids want a “Nemo”.....

Hey Everyone! Long time no chat so I hope everyone is doing well! As some of you remember, I used to have a 120g tank with a few corals the first the most part grew and didn’t die. My kids (3 and 5) have been begging me for a fish tank and I was looking to do something easy so I was looking...
  20. PSU4ME

Happy Mother's Day

Just wanted to say happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! Go upgrade your skimmer, you deserve it!!!