Search results

1. seafansar

Help with green nudibranch ID

Anyone know what species of nudibranch this is? I was supposed to get a lettuce nudibranch and they sent this instead. The cute shrimp hitching a ride is an emperor shrimp. :) Thanks in advance!
  2. seafansar

Can you tell the gender of a bluespot jawfish?

Noticed club members talking about having pairs of bluespots. Sorry if it's already been covered, but can you tell the difference between males and females? Also how do pairs interact in aquariums. I think I read that in the wild they tend to keep their distance from eachother unlike pearly jaws...
  3. seafansar

75 Gallon Tower Seahorse Tank

Thought I'd share some pictures of my seahorse tank. It's a deep blue 75 gallon tower tank (aka armpit soaker). It has Fiji pink sand, real reef rock, aqueon proflex sump, innovative marine skimmer, mag 7 return pump, aquaeuro chiller, deep blue solar extreme t-5 light, and an unplugged heater...
  4. seafansar

My Bluestripe Pipefish (Doryrhamphus excisus)

Here are my new bluestripe pipefish! I do not know what sex they are yet, but they have been doing well for about 2 weeks now. They are in a 16 gallon nuvo with mixed corals, a golden sailfin blenny (he's not very golden! lol), a tiny ORA marine betta (he will be going into a bigger tank when he...
  5. seafansar

Loose hammer head (coral, not the shark :) ) floating around. Will it live?

My hammer frag recently fell into the sand. One of the heads was pushed under the sand and after I up righted it, the tissue looked loose and a couple days later detached from the skeleton. Now the tissue from that one branch is floating around the bottom of the tank looking perfectly healthy...
  6. seafansar

My biggest pet peeve about buyers!

Just have to rant a little and get it off my chest. My biggest pet peeve with people wanting to buy something from me is that I always put "local pick up only" and for some reason they almost without fail want me to meet them halfway which usually involves me driving about 20mins or more. If...
  7. seafansar

Good read about fish and tank size

Found this hiding in the RSM forum section and thought it was a really good read, funny and informational. Arrested by the Tang Police: I Refuse to Confess! | Coral Magazine Shows that there's more to consider than just the full adult size of the fish and tank size.
  8. seafansar

Unknown fry

I have a bunch of tiny, tiny fry of something swimming around in cracks in my rocks. I know this thread is worthless without pics, but they are so tiny and move so fast, I really can't get any pictures of them. Best way I can describe them is they pretty much look like a tiny body with eyes and...
  9. seafansar

MP40W and Mag-Drive 18 pump

Located in Deltona, FL, but will ship. Buyer pays shipping. MP40W Gen. 2 Less than a year old. Works great. Still have box. $350 Mag-Drive 18 1800GPH Has some pipe attachment for external use. $70
  10. seafansar

What color sand should I use?

I'm setting up another nano and I can use traditional white sand or black sand. I have both already from old tanks. I have one nano set up already with white sand. What color would you choose and why? My current tank: My old nano with black sand:
  11. seafansar

Seafansar's 28 gallon JBJ LED nano

We finally decided to downsize from our 150 gallon and 40 gallon breeder to just a 12 gallon and a 28 gallon. Luckily we sold the 150 gallon set-up really quickly and used that money to get a JBJ 28 gallon LED nano. It's such a cool tank. The LED's are awesome and the dawn/dusk and moon lights...
  12. seafansar

FS: 2 MP40W's

Located in Deltona, FL, but will ship. 2 MP40W's Gen 2 Less than a year old. $350 each. Took down my 150 gallon, so I have no use for these anymore. They both work great and are cleaned up and ready to go!
  13. seafansar

*Vent* Bad timing

So I have a 20 gallon set up and only had a few corals in it and a RBTA. It's been doing fine for a few months now. Yesterday we started taking down our big 150 gallon and I managed to catch one of my five beautiful carberryi anthias. I put her into the 20, so it would be easy to catch her later...
  14. seafansar

how to make a poll

Mods, please delete! I figured it out! :D
  15. seafansar

Behind the Scenes at Sea World

My local club, ORCA, had a fun day at Sea World in Orlando where we got to go behind the scenes. We got to go on tours of the quarantine area, Atlantis, and Manta. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take pictures at the quarantine area. They had turtles, baby sharks, salt and fresh water fish...
  16. seafansar

SexyCorals

Ordered a pack of zoas from SexyCorals and was very disappointed with how they were shipped and the condition of the zoas. The box was not all that well insulated and the bags were leaking. I'm surprised FedEx still shipped it since the box was a little wet on the outside. The vendor only has a...
  17. seafansar

RSM 130 vs 130D?

I posted this in the RSM forum, but didn't realize those posts don't show up on the home page. So to get more opinions, here's my question. Someone local is selling a RSM 130 for $325. How great are the 130D improvements and are they worth buying an $850 tank over a $325 used one? What all do...
  18. seafansar

RSM 130 vs 130D?

Someone local is selling a RSM 130 for $325. How great are the 130D improvements and are they worth buying an $850 tank over a $325 used one? I'm looking to downgrade tanks, but it's mainly for the money aspect. I didn't realize these all in one tanks cost so much!
  19. seafansar

My new fish (pic heavy!)

I'm so excited! I just got an achilles tang yesterday! And a copperbanded butterflyfish a few weeks ago. Got the camera out today. Here's the tang. Just need to fatten him up!
  20. seafansar

Old AquaNetics Chiller any good?

A local guy is selling an AquaNetics 1/6 chiller for $150. I'm thinking of using it on my 40 gallon frag tank, cause I'm going to keep it out on the porch where it can get pretty warm some days. I'm actually going to just be trading him zoas and palys for it, but I wanted to make sure it's a...