Search results

1. Little Luey

Happy birthday to Barcochris on 8/4

Dude, it is your birthday!! Have a great day.:thumbup:
  2. Little Luey

MH and PC lighting question

What is the diference between the magnetic and electric ballast and which one is best to get for a 175w retro kit? I have a 24" Coralife fixture now, is it posible to replace the 24" bulbs for like a 36" bulb? taking the wires and stuff out of the fixture of course or is it like the MH where I...
  3. Little Luey

Clean up crew really necesary?

We have all heard about the importance of a good clean up crew and to tell you the thruth, I think some of the crew packages are way too many creatures for our tanks. Not to mention the fact that crabs are hunters and will kill some snails and themselves, it just seem to me like a never ending...
  4. Little Luey

Acan and Blastos basics

What do I need if I want to keep these coral. I have a 20gal tall with 130w PC fixture and about 400gph flow, BB and a Bakpack skimmer. Is my tank good for them or would you change anything?
  5. Little Luey

Chicago MLB poll

I am originally from Chicago, every summer it is the same argument, who is better, who has more fans, Cubs or White Sox. Let's put it to the test. Mods, I meant for this to be a multiple choice poll but I cannot go back and change it, could you do it for me please? Thanks
  6. Little Luey

More flow?

I was very happy with my 20x turnover rate in my tank until I read a post somewhere about rates up to 150x and a 70x. Now, I have a 20gal tank and my closed loop has a mag5, but I have a Quietone good for 1300gph just laying around, this would give me 65x turnover rate minus what I loose because...
  7. Little Luey

9 months already.

I have been in Yuma Arizona for a full pregnancy now ( LOL), 9 months a go I got here and it has been nice. Much better than dealing with snow on winter time, but I have to admit it was hard to get in the holyday spirit. my second summer should be easier than the first one, I hope. It is a lot...
  8. Little Luey

Montipora coral

What is a good montipora coral for me? I have a 20gal tank with 130w on a PC fixture, flow is around 400gph. I like to try some, any sujestions?
  9. Little Luey

Via aqua multy skimmer

Does anybody have one of this? The manufacturer advertismet says this is a biological, mecanical, UV and skimmer; all of this for around $70:bouncebox I find this very hard to believe. Any imput on this?
  10. Little Luey

Reef ready vs wet dry on back of tank.

I have seen the tanks that have a wet/dry filter on the back of the tank and I was wondering how many people have those and if they like them better than the reef ready w/sump tanks.
  11. Little Luey

ASM G1 vs. Aqua C Remora Urquin

Which one of these two skimmers performs better? what are your likes or dislikes about them?
  12. Little Luey

Crazy advice at a LFS

I was reading another thread and ther were talking about LFS and the advice some employees give. I think it would be cool if we talk about the craziest or most ridiculous advice/comment you have heard at your LFS. I realize some are well intentioned but I will start: 1. I saw the new girl at...
  13. Little Luey

Greetings to all!

I just like to wish everyone at RS happy Christmas, Hannukka, Kuanza or whatever you celebrate my wish is that you find peace in your hearts and love with your families. Peace on Earth to all, let fish keeping be a common bond for all of us here.:thumbup:
  14. Little Luey

I miss my yellow wachtman goby!

I used to have a YWG on my old tank with a sandbed. Now I am BB and I kind of miss my wachman goby. Can I succesfully keep one without sand or would he be unhappy without it?
  15. Little Luey

Vegas LFS?

I am going to Las Vegas for Chrismas, does anyone any good LFS out there?
  16. Little Luey

Feather duster question

Can I succesfully keep a FD in a bare bottom tank? Do they have to have sand or can I put it on the rocks? I just got one and it seems to be getting blown away by the current and it has not open yet.:rollingey
  17. Little Luey

Its gonna be a great day!!

I will get my livestock shipment today. I am getting: 1 devil's hand leather 1 rainsford goby 1 firefish 1 feather duster this is Christmas for me!:) Will get pictures as soon as Barcochris can come over to the house to take them for me. I am putting the pressure on you Chris. LOL.
  18. Little Luey

One more salt question

How critical is to stick to a brand name/manufacturer of salt? I know some guys who do not use anything but their brand "X" I have used Instant Ocean for a while but then I just got Oceanic since it was on sale. I like how fast Oceanic disolves but other than that my tank always seem to be ok...
  19. Little Luey

Fluidized bed filter?

I took the sand out of my tank just a few days a go. All the stuff I keep reading about going BB is very encouraging, so I decided to try. I do have a question. If I get me a Fluidized bed filter for my reef, will it be the same as having a DSB? What will be the benefit of this type of filter...
  20. Little Luey

Disadvantages of going barebottom?

I have seen many positive comments about having a BB reef tank but I have not seen anyone really give any negative comment about this other than the looks. I am really thinking about going BB but I like to hear the other side of the story. Anyone care to comment?