Search results

1. largo

lighting redesign

Initially my tank (265g) had 3 spider reflectors running 1 400/20k and 2 250/20k bulbs and I'm running a 660 with 16' of actinic VHO's and 4 small lunar lights. I just upgraded to luminarc reflectors and added another 400/20k. Problem is I have 9 plugs on strip timers to coordinate it all...
  2. largo

Chiller

I've been really happy with my teco chiller!
  3. largo

IceCap 660 Electronic VHO Ballast

I"m running a 660 110 ballast and it is driving 4-4"URI VHO bulbs and it has worked BEAUTIFULLY for me for a few years now. Best thing about them is they also have a LIFETIME warranty
  4. largo

Store bought seaweed

I buy mine from the sushi department at Publix..it's unseasoned. I don't soak it or anything and have been using it for a few years with no problems and my fish LOVE it
  5. largo

club benefits

I'm trying to find out what benefits local reef clubs are offering their members and how much, if any, due's are collected
  6. largo

Sand in the refugium?

On my 265g DT I have about 2-2.5" sandbed with about 275lbs of LR. My fuge is fairly small. I would guess it holds around 8-10 gallons and it has about 5" of sand, cheato (which doesn't grow that much but stays great looking), and about 15 lbs of rock. I'm considering removing the sand and...
  7. largo

easy water change methods

Yes I have a waterhose with a mag9 on the end. I put the pump end in my DT and turn on the pump. The water pumps down the hose to waste (much like a pool). Then I flip flop the pump over to my new water tank and pump water back into the tank thru that same hose. All I carry is the pump. I'm...
  8. largo

I don't currently carry any water I run the hose to the water storage container straight to the display tank = no lifting or need for dolly's
  9. largo

any idea what page it is?
  10. largo

pump on each end is right I don't think it will work otherwise either. I'll post as to how well it works Thanks
  11. largo

you probably know the same way I do. I've pulled the plug before then got sidetracked only to walk out and find my brute full again:cry1: someone recommended I use 1 pump and just switch the hoses but I don't think a pump could pull water in from 60' down a hose. I think the way I"m...
  12. largo

well, for instance when filling the tank the makeup tank end pump would be on and the display tank pump off. I"m assuming the water would just flow in thru and out of the display side pump, I wouldn't think there would be anything mechanically to prevent the water flow coming out of the pump...
  13. largo

Anemone eating anemone?

did he take in the fish? Until the owner gets back try to hide the smaller one in some rockwork or even build a little wall around him or something. What type of anemone's are these? Watch the small one and see if it moves or anything but if it's definately dead take it out
  14. largo

What is the best test kit and why?

I use elos for CA and MG and salifert for nitrates and api for ph overall I like elos. I like the method of calculating the numbers..As I use up my salifert kits I'll probably switch to all elos
  15. largo

Might just be a dream

I know someone who's had ribbon eels in a 90g mixed reef with no problem - they are GREAT escape artists though - seal EVERYTHING off good and cover the overflows
  16. largo

Salt Buckets

Foster and smith sells reefcrystals and IO in boxes so you can refill your bucket. It's a bit cheaper without the waste of getting a new bucket each time:yup:
  17. largo

I'm trying to simplify my w/c method. Now I run a mag9 on one end of a water hose throw it in the tank and measure the output into a 20g container ( I do about 100g w/c on my 300g system). Then I totally turn the hose around throwing the pump in my makeup container and pumping new water in...
  18. largo

will this work?

Where I"m draining this to salt will not be an issue Yeah, I have pretty good water pressure. But I know someone who uses it on a well with no problems but I don't know what his water pressure is like. Thanks, now I"ll try to get all the fittings andtry out my theory
  19. largo

will this work?

oh, now see I"ve been using a python alone for over 2 years now and it's worked great. I spoke to someone at my LFS this morning and they said since the spraybar is full of water it will back syphon by itself and I may not even need anything to start the syphon going