Search results

1. B

BlakeJohns Retirement Reduction

Heres the begining of my 300gl build........ 300gl Clear for Life tank 3-112w EcoRay led fixtures Closed loop ran by a Dolphin 4700 (4080gph) Two Vortech MP40WES (3200GPH each) 55gl Sump 40gl Fuge Reef Octopus DDNW-250 skimmer PanWorld 250PS return Pump (1900gph) Korallin 3002 CA...
  2. B

Blizzard of 2011

Lets see your Pics and or Videos from the recent Blizzard!!! ILLINOIS RT 72 & 23 RT 72 blocked by a 15' drift across the road. Neighbors Drive MY Drive Driving down RT23 This was a better part of the two lane highway. This is were I was comfortable driving with one...
  3. B

Georgia ?

I am Thinking seriously of moving to lawrenceville GA. Anyone from the area?
  4. B

OT Photos

Just some off topic photos from the other day.
  5. B

Help, Help, Help!!!

I have a green purple rim monti that is 16" long, 11" wide and 8" tall. It finally fell and now I need help getting rid of it!!! Please Help me by coming by and getting some. Will trade for just about anything!!!!!!
  6. B

Lobo & Ricordia don't mix

I wish I took a pic, but I found out this week that Lobos are not fond of ricordia muchrooms getting too close. Looking in the tank I found a white stringy rope coming from my lobo down to the ricordias that krept near it. Well at the other end of that White goo was a dissolving colony...
  7. B

Finger leather.

I just fraged my out of control Finger Leather. These are cheap at only $5 per frag. All are mounted on 3/4 plugs. I just cut these today 4-25-2010 so by this weekend they should be attached well. I would prefer local pick up (Northern Illinois, Rockford area) unless you really want to...
  8. B

Algae.....

Ok, I have algae that is getting out of control. I'll post some pics tomarrow. Question is...Can you help with new ideas of getting rid of it? Before any one jumps in with the normal algae shpiel. I already know it. Here are my numbers. SG - 1.026 (35ppt (Calibrated Refractometer))...
  9. B

PhotoMeter help

I just recently purchased a Hanna HI 93713 Low range Phosphate meter. The question is....Am I supposed to multiply with the factor of .33 to obtain the value of P that we use? Or am I to just read the display? I think I am looking for a reading of .015 The display gives me a reading...
  10. B

Basic Photography Class

This is where we will hold the Basic Photography Class. To begin, I would like to establish a few posting rules. To keep this thread clean and orginized, try to keep posts to a minimum. At the end of a section I will ask if there is any questions. This is the time were I would like the...
  11. B

Online basic photography class

Im thinking of starting a class for photography here. I will perform this class through a thread and scheduled through chat aslo. I will be available through email and phone for any questions throughout this class. We would start with film basics and then move to Digital basics and on to...
  12. B

Lets see your trees....

Its that time of the year....So lets see those Christmas trees!! And for those of you that dont cellibrate "Christmas" lets see what ever it may be. Here is our little tree
  13. B

Car photos

Just a few photos I did earlier this month that i'm working on for the owners. Thought I would share.
  14. B

Thinking of Blue Jaw Trigger

I am wanting to add a Trigger of some sort. I thought that a blue jaw would be best if any at all. Looking at my signature, what are your opinions to adding a trigger and which spiecies?
  15. B

inherited tanks

I kinda inherited a couple of tamks today here are a few quick pics before my battery dies.... 55 gallon fresh trutles
  16. B

Used 55gl

May be this dont belong here, but, I have aquired a 55gl tank (freebie!!!). It must have been a FW tank at one time. It hasent been used for more than 2 yrs. I have cleaned it out throughly with muratic acid and leak tested for several days with the intentions of adding it to my existing...
  17. B

The Photo Thread

This thread is for Photos. All though you may chat a little but every post is required to have a photo (we all love photos). All photos should be Tank related but a photo that is related to your discussion is fine too. Ask questions about others photos or just about thier tank in general...
  18. B

Mandrin not looking so good

Well I got a spotted mandarin a few weeks ago. My tank has been up for just over a year and I can see copepods and amphipods in the caves of the LR. I am also currently growing a culture of copepods in a separate container. The issue is that my mandarins belly is realy caved in and not plump...
  19. B

FS...4x48" 54w T-5 HO

I just upgraded my lights and dont need these anymore. It is a MarineLand 4x48" 54w T-5 HO fixture. It has a single reflector, two cooling fans and a three position switch (bulbs 1&3, Bulbs 2&4, all bulbs). The fixture is 1 yr old and so are the bulbs. For local pick up in the...
  20. B

My Sons New Toy

Just pick this up today for my 4yr old son. I think he's gonna have a blast!!