Search results

1. B

New camera, 29 biocube no where near stock.

It is a DSLR, sort of. More like a down graded SLR. It does not capture in any other format other than JPEG and MPEG. True DSLR's also capture in RAW. I don't think the lens is interchangeable either. FYI, for just another $100 bucks or even the same price you could have gotten a Cannon...
  2. B

about led lights

Ecotech has and claims to have a full spectrum. But since nobody really has one yet to respond with actually long term data, I think their unit falls a little short of their claims. And at $750 per unit, well leds should be going down in price, not up. Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  3. B

I want to eradicate this invasive coral species - HELP!!!

As for using the carbon to curb their growth, I didn't think it helps.any. I have two colonies of these purple cloves. They are growing great. I run two 2 little fishies 150 reactors half full of carbon 24/7 on 300 gls. It does not seem to impediments their growth. I plan to control their...
  4. B

BlakeJohns Retirement Reduction

forgot a zoa pic
  5. B

Newest dweller.
  6. B

Some quick unedited shots. I hate this lens.... Edit: Edit: And a poor FTS as you can see the light have a narrow spread. But this is the effect I wanted. Looking at it in person you dont see the separation nearly as bad. Sent from my PC36100...
  7. B

Bladeyamaha's 10 gallon seed tank for future 80 gallon system resetup!

The six line will eat mysis. Petsmart and petco also carry this. Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  8. B

HELP wet dry overflow

When looking to get an overflow be sure to get one that can handle more than your pump can put out. If you pump is rated at 950 gph. Then your overflow shaould atleast be rated for 1000 gph. Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  9. B

Why no...

The truth is that know body really knows. None of us hobbiests and none of the scientists. What you have heard is all speculation dertermined by owners and their thoughts. There are bta's in tanks with low and high lighting and the nem is not fed, but yet still no bubble tips. I have mine...
  10. B

GFO in relation to Phosphates

Sound like your doing things right. I would increase the wc to 30 per week and the Di is spent at 001. Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  11. B

GFO in relation to Phosphates

Either you did the checker wrong, or of is a high range, or.they aren't worth a crap.either. I had my PO4 down to .02 and undectectable ntrates but still had an issue with cyano. Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  12. B

when to change DI resin cartrage?

001= exhausted Di I had bad well water and had to change my Di every two weeks. And the color changinge stuff doesn't seem to last very long. Do yourself a favor and buy a refillable cartridge and a 7.5 lb bag ( or.six) from BRS. Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  13. B

HELP wet dry overflow

Hmmm, replace overflow? Couple hundred bucks at most. Or replace floor later on, $500-1000. Not a hard decision for me. Even cheaper method, drill back of tank. Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  14. B

What Size Tank?

You should figure $40-50 per gallon to set up a tank new. This will include everything you need with good quality components. This would not include livestock. I just set up a 300 gls system. To get this up and running with all new equipment except the tank (used tank) I spent $9500 total...
  15. B

real sand or sand in a bag

Beach sand is the most contaminated sand you will ever find. Why? Your skimmer cleans your tank water by utilizing small bubbles to attract doc's. The ocean has crashing waves that do this same thing. But the ocean's collection cup is the beach. Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  16. B

September 2011 POTM Contest

Roflmao!!! Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  17. B

Sand turning black, bubble coral not opening fully, cyanobacteria in 3.5 mth old tank

Your dosing a lot because your mag is too low. Bump it up to 1400 ish and this will get better. Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  18. B

New diy media reactor

Next time when you fill it up with new carbon run RO or tankwater through it untill it runs out clear and then hook it up to your tank. Lesson learned huh, lol Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  19. B

New diy media reactor

The reactor looks good. Don't worry about air in it. Nitrogen pockets are actually a good thing, not that you will ever seem them, but that would tell you you have a good supply of denitrifiying bacteria. And the bacteria that make nitrogen gas is an anerobic bacteria that lives in very low...
  20. B

Help with ammonia

I'm sorry but that link you posted is what we do not want people to do. 1) it is refering to fw which is similar. 2) it refers to using fish to cycle ( poor fish) 3) it says to do multiple water changes during the cycle which will extend the cycle and reduce the bacterial populations...