Search results

1. Boomer

The “How To” Guide to Reef Aquarium Chemistry for Beginners, Part 1: The Salt Water Itself

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-03/rhf/index.php
  2. Boomer

Lab and Aquarium Grade Test Kits

Please add to this list if you are willing to vouch for a particular test kit. Also possible "best kits" for ancillary parameters Sr, I, Si, B, K etc Also comments on kits to avoid please don't put one that only one bad kit clouded your opinion and others sing its praises Kits to Avoid...
  3. Boomer

New Book The Coral Reef Aquarium

At the 2010 MACNA Tony Vargas showed of his new book The Coral Reef Aquarium, which will be released soon and is a "Must Have " book". Even without his skillful writing skills, just the diagrams, figures and photos are worth their weight in gold. The book is being published by Julian Sprung of...
  4. Boomer

PFO Gone

Just thought I would throw up an update. PFO is no longer and is gone for good. It looks like Orbitec got what they set out to do, bankrup PFO and Pat himself. PFO is out of business, Pat has no job or money. That is the crap we have to deal with when a knockhead company, like Orbitec, comes...
  5. Boomer

Shape-shifting in corals

Shape-shifting in corals makes identification almost impossible for all. Just when you thought it was possible to ID species of sps corals apart, as many led you to believe or think that they can or you think you can, along comes some smart-ass, that has his terds all wrapped up in a neat...
  6. Boomer

PFO Done ? And All LED Aquarium Co.

All Aquarium LED companies http://www.reefbuilders.com/2009/02/03/big-trouble-brewing-future-aquarium-leds/ Orbits claim Orbital Technologies Corporation - LED Aquarium Lighting Statement Some guys are going to try "and get the national media in on this to try to put some pressure on Orbitec...
  7. Boomer

Boomer's PC Dead

Yup, I no sooner get it back to normal and it takes out the mother board and HD. I lost all on Dec 27. Monday, Dec 29, I was going to do a back-up. The led City of Duluth computer nerd, who works for the city on their PC's, who is also my neighbor, that just moved in next door, said it is a...
  8. Boomer

For Sale, EXTRA cold air

Get it now, free shipping , no charge or fees, guarantee -20 F, with out the wind. Wind is extra, -37 F. We can work out an exchange of warm air for cold air. Also selling extra snow cheap :)
  9. Boomer

PC Nerds Need Help

OK, I'm suppose to be kinda one but have never seen this before and it is kinda rare so I'm told. My cable company says it is not the line, the modem or the Ethernet but the PC "Internal Server". The cable guy doe not know what really causes this but say this.......... What happens. I'm here...
  10. Boomer

PC Nerds Need Help

OK, I'm suppose to be kinda one but have never seen this before and it is kinda rare so I'm told. My cable company says it is not the line, the modem or the Ethernet but the PC "Internal Server". The cable guy doe not know what really causes this but say this.......... What happens. I'm here...
  11. Boomer

Seawater +40 - 90 ppt in USA waters

While do some reading on the origin of the Laguna Madre, a large Coastal Lagoon between land and Padre Island, a barrier sea spit, coastal eastern Texas, from Corpus Christy south, I was amased to find out that at the north end the salinity is + 40 ppt and at the south is as high as 90 ppt...
  12. Boomer

Sanjay's new article on 150 W MH

Advanced Aquarist's Online Magazine - Feature Article: Spectral Analysis of 150 Watt DE Lamps: Giesmann, Icecap, Iwasaki and Elos The Sylvania Aqua Arc 150W 10000K DE 1 is quite the lamp, running just over 150 W @ 178 W @ 1.68 A with a PPDF of 95
  13. Boomer

Feature Article: Atlantic Lionfish???

While looking at Dr Ken Feldman's new article just out on TOC in the marine aquarium I found this as one of related articles ..:ponder2: Don't know how we all missed this the other day. Ok now:colorful: :scram: Feature Article: Atlantic Lionfish??? Advanced Aquarist's Online Magazine -...
  14. Boomer

Plankton raise the Alk of your Alk test kit

Yup :lol: That is the latest news Contribution of phytoplankton and bacterial cells to the measured alkalinity of seawater. Hyun-Cheol Kim, Kitack Lee and Wonyong Choi Pohang Limnol. Oceanogr., 51(1), 331–338. ABSTRACT: We report the first direct measurements of the contribution of...
  15. Boomer

Vacation

I will be gone for a week to Florida, so everybody help out here on questions here :)
  16. Boomer

I have been gone for days

Any questions needed to be answer on chem or ID, as I have or was tied up for days on other issues. If so give me a link :D
  17. Boomer

Bromide in Dowflake vs Macroalgae Export

Randy made some new calcuations today for us on the old Bronmide issue. The paper below describes bromide in seaweed, and we can use that to compare the addition of bromide via Dowflake to the potential export by macroalgae: Bromine content in some seaweeds of Goa (Central West Coast of...
  18. Boomer

IMAC anyone

So who is going to IMAC :D
  19. Boomer

Raising Salinity

No more than 1 actual unit / week, so it would take you 4 weeks. You are /were at 1.024 and need to get to 1.028. ie., 1.024-->1.025-->1.026--->1.027--->1.028. This will make it easier SaltyZoo's Salinity Adjustment Calculator Make sure you use the same units, as in ppt or Sg...
  20. Boomer

Reef Chemistry Articles

Solving Common Problems Reef Aquarium Water Parameters by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com Chemistry and the Aquarium Solving Calcium and Alkalinity Chemistry and the Aquarium Solutions to pH Problems High pH: Causes and Cures by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com Low...