Search results

1. Boomer

The “How To” Guide to Reef Aquarium Chemistry for Beginners, Part 1: The Salt Water Itself

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-03/rhf/index.php
  2. Boomer

Worm ID

They are. There is bad habit in this hobby with the term bristle worm. Almost all worms in the tank are bristle worms. Feather duster are bristle worms.
  3. Boomer

Two new hitchers

Nice job Nano :D
  4. Boomer

Worm ID

Up for sure a Epitoke and sure as hell looks like Palolo worm Epitoke
  5. Boomer

Help indentifying this

It is a majano anemone and a copepod
  6. Boomer

Need a UFO ID

It is more than that, as most nudibranches specialize in what they eat and Triophid feed on Bryozoans, which you have about none if in your tank if any at all.
  7. Boomer

need help ASAP identifying this worm

Medusa, is a bad word, as it is used for spaghetti worms, some feather dusters and sea cucumbers. It is a spaghetti worm.
  8. Boomer

Need a UFO ID

It is one of the Triophid nudibranches such as this one Nudibranches are usually not god for reef tanks as all of them are predatory animals
  9. Boomer

Running Chemi-pure Elite in RSM (CPE)

That rant article by Boyd is mostly full of gibberish marketing hype and nosense and is not a very good product at all. You will have a much better product by making your own using SeaChem Matrix GAC, their Purigen and PhosBan.
  10. Boomer

Nuisance Algaes

These are Aptasia sea anemones which need to be removed. Thee are lots of posts on them here.
  11. Boomer

Need ID maybe jellyfish? Video

That looks like a upside down jellyfish ephyra
  12. Boomer

Some pics for ID help please

These are Spionid or Chaetopterid Worms. You can not really tell unless you remove them form their tube. But more than likely it is a chaetopterid Phyllochaetopterus sp This is a Sand Castle Worm
  13. Boomer

Oxygen and the Nitrogen cycle

Short note: NO2 is reduced by bacteria via oxidization to nitrate. Cant' happen must be a typo Mojo. Reduced NO2- gives NO not NO3-. Reduced more or less means to loose O and Oxidation means to gain O. Technically speaking reduction and or oxidation has nothing to do with O but often...
  14. Boomer

GFO in relation to Phosphates

've heard this argument before, but I find it hard to believe. If the algae is using it, shouldn't there atleast show up as trace amounts? Is there another direction I should be looking? I just really want to solve this. Because the PO4 is being sucked up as fast as it is produced. On coral...
  15. Boomer

Alien in my Tank...Please help!

I'll have to for you Lynn :)
  16. Boomer

Lynn are you guys going to MACNA ?
  17. Boomer

You are correct Lynn :) But it is a very bad nuke and eats corals.
  18. Boomer

Two new hitchers

That exo will be hollow inside.
  19. Boomer

Two new hitchers

It is one of the Xanthidae Round Crabs. I'll take a look.
  20. Boomer

ID help please

Red = Halymenia sp Green = Caulerpa serrulata