Search results

1. J

closed loop or koralia

I am trying to decide if I want I want on a 29 gallon I am setting up. I like the idea of using a closed loop with a scwd, but also like the idea of just using a koralia (or maxijet mod) due to the lower acquisition and operating costs. Opinions?
  2. J

29 gallon flow

I was looking at this maxi jet mod Maxi-Jet 900 Powerhead / MP 900 + Algae Free Sure Flow 1600 Maxi-Jet Upgrade Kit and was thinking that even with a maxi jet 400, 1300GPH would be overkill for a 29 gallon aquarium. Does anyone know if the mod is really as good as it claims? Should I go...
  3. J

T-5 reflectors too wide

I have a 4 bulb T-5 retro fit kits. Each bulb has individual reflectors. The specifications on the reflectors suggested that 4 would fit over a 29 gallon aquarium. Turns out they are just a bit too wide. Theoretically if they were bent down a bit they should retain their parabolic shape, but...
  4. J

Super glue

Does anyone know if cured super glue is reef safe? Does it stand up to being in a saltwater environment? Thanks
  5. J

29 or 20L with T-5 lighting?

I am going to be setting up a new aquarium soon, and it will be either a 29 or a 20L. I am going to have 4x24 watt T-5 HO lamps. I don't know what I am going to keep as far as corals go yet, but I like to keep my options open. Should I stick with a 20L for better illumination or go with a 29?