Search results

1. Maxx

deltec skimmer

I've heard several people who rave about their Deltec skimmers. I've also heard several people rave about their H+S skimmer which uses the same pumps as Deltec and is slightly less expensive. I think at that level your really buying quality no matter which way you go. Nick
  2. Maxx

Happy Birthday Maxx and CaseyDude!

Hey everyone, Thanks for the B-day wishes! I've been just a little busy. Rocio and I bought a house, moved in the day after we closed on the house, and got married just last week. While moving the tank, I lost half my corals due to a faulty heater....so the tank looks like crap and I'm just...
  3. Maxx

TB's 67g custom project

That looks really sweet TB... I'm impressed man, Just out of curiosity, who did the music? Nick
  4. Maxx

Zomania and aquaticgems

Zomania... Um, is it still in business? Nick
  5. Maxx

TB's 67g custom project

Any complaints about it, or things you dislike? Do you know who makes the HQI ballast it runs on? I've seen those are cheaper than the Sunlight Supply Maristar, but I was just curious... Nick
  6. Maxx

TB's 67g custom project

Hey TB, Who makes the pendant hanging over your main display? Is that a Maristar? Nick
  7. Maxx

TB's 67g custom project

Looks stunning TB. I really like the rainbow monti....gorgeous... Nick
  8. Maxx

What is your in tank TDS reading?

Ahh....my goof Boomer. I know there is a difference between RO and RO/DI, but tend to use the two terms interchangably. Nick
  9. Maxx

What is your in tank TDS reading?

Debbie, Ideally your RO should read 0 TDS. Nick
  10. Maxx

Blue Tridacna maxima

Dave, Maxima clams require high lighting, and good water quality. I know some people are having success keeping SPS with just T-5 lighting, but the depth of your tank is a bit of a concern to me. If you want to give it a try, I would suggest placing the clam high up in the rockwork as close to...
  11. Maxx

WOODSTOCK new XM-15K tests, Sanjay

Why not try the Aquaconnect 14k's or the Phoneix Hexarc 14K's? Better PAR/PPFD and nice blue tint...not too blue, not too white...nice balance. Nick
  12. Maxx

Witty's Monster 210 Experiment

Ouch Dave!!!! Thats a real bummer! When did you add the other 3 MI's? I thought you only had the one? Nick
  13. Maxx

My new Cube !!!

Hey Robert, Sorry to hear about your troubles with the tank. I've been going through some obnoxious issues myself with my tank so I can sympathize. The tough part IMO is staying motivated through all the tough times and the frustrating trials and tribulations of reefkeeping. I've pretty much...
  14. Maxx

aqua silencer

I did a Durso standpipe on my tank...works great. Simple, easy to make, in-expensive, and easy to make. Nick
  15. Maxx

20L Sump Refuguim Project

That sounds right.. Nick
  16. Maxx

School Tank Lighting Advice

Got some reading for you...fortunately, I can copy/paste some of it in order to help you... You will need to choose a ballast to run your bulbs....the following will help you out in choosing a ballast... Taken from "Metal Halide Ballasts, which one is which? Answers here:" on RC. So...
  17. Maxx

Bruce's Reef

Well, At least I'm not getting blamed for an expensive addition to the tank... It looks great Brucey! My vote is for the clam tank personally. After the dust cloud settles, you should be able to just plumb the tank right on in, and it should populate very quickly with bacteria, and shouldnt...
  18. Maxx

Witty's Monster 210 Experiment

Thats impressive Dave...I would definately keep the diet as varied and vitamin fortified as possible for awhile. Keep up the good work. Nick
  19. Maxx

ph level

No problem...a friend sent me that when I asked her about magnesium levels in a reef tank. You just gotta promise to pass it on.... :D Nick
  20. Maxx

'nother clam lighting ques.

Good POst SharkBait, Karma to you! Ellen, You're sorta right about clams....its not the color of the clam that determines the lighting requirements, its the species. Crocea's and Maxima's require more light, they also happen to be more brightly colored usually. here is a link to more...