Search results

1. santarem85

Redesign of Coralife Biocube 14

Anyone got any in on the biocube 14 PC/LED biocube that was released? Petco has it and a few other online retailers. Its supposed to do away with the external ballasts and such. I can't find any specs tho!
  2. santarem85

turbo snails

Okay, i am pretty sure the turbo snails ate my colonial yellow polyps. They kept getting smaller, and dissappearing - not the slow way. There was about 10 last night left and this morning NONE! and there was a damn snail right there. There is one damsel in the tank as the other inhabitant -...
  3. santarem85

what kind of anemone am I?

These two came on a rock, and like to be fed. Increased in size and dont look like the typical stuff that shows up on live rock. any ideas? i left the pic extra large for a close view!
  4. santarem85

Lighting Advice

Okay, so i am thinking about gettinga bigger tank......I have a 120 gal 72" long empty tank in the garage EMPTY! I am looking at lighting options for this tank. I really like the clean crisp look that some of the halide fixtures provide - specifically i was looking at this fixture...
  5. santarem85

Check out the competition

Aquarium Kits: Drs. Foster & Smith EcoCube Interesting! it looks exactly like the rsm system
  6. santarem85

Hi guys

Hey there, i am Travis. I have been in the hobby with fish for about 10 years with raising anglefish and discus, but only in the last year saltwater. and only in the last 5 months have i been involved with reefkeeping! Im from stevens point wisconsin, and just wanted to drop by and say...
  7. santarem85

Review of Current Usa Powerbrite LED lights WITH a VIDEO! (also have questions)

SO, i splurged and bought one of these in the 10000k for the biocubes. They are performing well and really do add the shimmer of metal halides. I didnt know whether or not the actinic version would spotlight blue in the tank, because the beams seem fairly tightly focused. You can connect up...
  8. santarem85

another id

colt coral? got it as a frag recently and glued it to a plug
  9. santarem85

bulb replacement schedule on compacts

what is the reccomended replacement schedule for the bulbs in my biocube. I just cant seem to remember how often i should change them out! I have noticed lately that the lighting is much less blue/bright than originally. I can compare this to the NEW second biocube i have started with...
  10. santarem85

Cool picture of open brain coral

Picked this up a few days ago from foster and smith for 35$. a real beauty! its about 4 " across. I had to get up at 4 for work today and it had its feeding tentacles out so i thought i would be neat to take a shot of enjoy :)
  11. santarem85

Identification

saw this at an lfs, this is the only picture i have seen of it online EVer, but it has no name or description. It looks beige, and sort of reminds me of a lawn encrusting a rock! any help would be appreciated. I really liked the look of it
  12. santarem85

My first reef tank (Oceanic biocube 29)

well, here it is. We have had this going since the first of the year! We got it when a store was going out of business and had a 40% off sale so we got the stand and tank for 260. I love it so much that I would like to get another and replace my FOWLR tank dont know what this is...