Search results

1. N

Pancho’s Reef S-500 Roller Coaster

I tried the Masstick a couple of years ago, and the fish didn't seem impressed with it at all.
  2. N

Pancho’s Reef S-500 Roller Coaster

Sorry to hear about the jumpers Pancho, but next time don't do the maintenance naked eh !
  3. N

Nobby's S-650

So I had to replace the OSG that had gone MIA. The last time I had to introduce a new one things didn't go too well, and I found that they could (and would) commit Hari Kiri by somehow forcing themselves through the Red sea net cover. I think last time I finally managed to get one to stay in the...
  4. N

Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

The question is, "why?". Just to convert the pipes from Metric to Imperial? I swear that there are people out there who have little interest in fish or corals. They just enjoy the engineering side of the hobby !
  5. N

Nobby's S-650

No idea, but the Orange Spotted Goby has also gone MIA. No sign of it. Something happened, but I have no idea what. Water tests indicate that everything is normal and steady. There have been no signs of aggression.
  6. N

Nobby's S-650

And.......bang, just like that I have lost two Royal Grammas. One I found floating on the surface (or I really should say just half of one). The other has just disappeared. Everything looked normal yesterday.
  7. N

"for the sake of drilling a few holes….." - I await with baited breath.
  8. N

Nobby's S-650

The outside temperature here on Sunday was 43.6C (115F), which explains why a Chiller here is essential. Fans wouldn't be able to cope. The Chiller quite literally, saves the tank.
  9. N

Red Sea Pro salt vs blue bucket salt review

When I used to do water changes I preferred the Blue bucket.
  10. N

Red Sea S-400 lighting

Hello, Do you have the older style T5's or LED's at the moment?
  11. N

Shaun, I have to ask you to cast your mind back to when you cleaned your JBL 36W UV-C. I remember you said something about scrapping off a whiteish almost calcium like covering on the glass sleeve, and it was a mistake? and you had to order a new one? Did the new one have this covering on it? I...
  12. N

Nobby's S-650

Agh, the things we forget about. When I setup my S-650, I found the power cords for the two lights furthest from the power centre were too short. I contacted Red Sea and they very kindly replaced two of the power packs with ones that had a longer cord.......Moving on, I have just bought two...
  13. N

You are aware that this fish will end up being the longest living fish in the history of home aquariums.......ever.
  14. N

Nobby's S-650

I was in the local supermarket last week and I noticed they had some fresh Oysters for sale, so I bought one. Got home and prised it open with a knife. I then placed the half-shell containing the Oyster into the tank...........and not one of the fish showed the slightest interest in it. I...
  15. N

Nobby's S-650

And right on time.......My S-650 system was set-up around six months after Shaun's, and lo and behold my first power supply on the lights has packed up ! I've ordered two for now as I'm pretty sure another will drop dead at any time.
  16. N

Very very nice. It is coming along beautifully. Is that a couple of 'water movers' on the back wall?
  17. N

"so when I catch him" - I think I can see a major flaw in your cunning plan!
  18. N

Nobby's S-650

I don't think I could afford to have your esteemed presence swimming around my tank in your speedos.
  19. N

Nobby's S-650

The Alk Elixar works, and will save me just over 100 of the Queen's Pounds per year which I can spend on wild women, alcohol more fish stuff !
  20. N

Nobby's S-650

Wow, you've made the leap of faith and got an ICP test! Did you go Triton or ATI?