PSU’s Peninsula

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Well my bryopsis is back so I set up another Fluconzanole treatment yesterday after I removed as much as I could pull out.

Another issue, I tested for MG and it seems low. Using a salifert yet kit. Dosed 400ml and the level went down……. Ugh

What test kit do you all use for MG?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Haddoni is still holding its own. Hoping to get some clowns for it soon and lock down these water parameters. The summer slide is going to be here before I know it so it needs to be on autopilot!
278693EA-05E8-4A0D-AE06-38395AC0D32F.jpeg

StirCrayzy

I use salifert mg kit. Dont think it has any issues. I did an intentional Mg overdose a while back and double checked the test kit to the posted values of RC salt and seemed to line up so i didnt doubt my test results.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I use salifert mg kit. Dont think it has any issues. I did an intentional Mg overdose a while back and double checked the test kit to the posted values of RC salt and seemed to line up so i didnt doubt my test results.
I have the AF test coming today, I will test just to get confirmation. Needing to raise it so much scares me so I need to confirm.

Blue Space

Well my bryopsis is back so I set up another Fluconzanole treatment yesterday after I removed as much as I could pull out.

Another issue, I tested for MG and it seems low. Using a salifert yet kit. Dosed 400ml and the level went down……. Ugh

What test kit do you all use for MG?
I use Salifert MG test as well. I've used the elevated MG method to rid my tank of bryopsis before. I maintained it at around 1400-1500 for a month or so and no problems since I lowered back down to approx. 1250.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I wish I could find the old tech m mag to rod the tank of bryopsis but I think they changed the formula. The Fluconzanole is working great though.

The AF mg test came in yesterday and confirmed the salifert reading so I feel better raising up the mag now. With last nights dose, I should be around 1240 now. Will test again today and bump up another 60 to 1300. Will hold there for a little then go up a bit more. 1350-1400 is what I’d like

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I would t think so but the Fluconzanole works really good too so you have options. If you try to manually remove as much as possible then dose I feel it works better.

Dissolving the powder takes time though but I prefer getting it into solution vs hoping it dissolves in the tank on its own

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Not too bad actually as I’ve been doing the water changes but I need to give the carx a good cleaning and refill

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
After fragsgiving here in MA, I came back reenergized! Cleaned things up yesterday but the big thing was the reup of the CA reactor.

C16399E2-E8B3-4C5A-962B-6058220F17B2.jpeg92278793-4045-4B41-944A-77BC13B883DD.jpeg