Pancho75

Finally I am back in MX and back to normal reefing. It was a long journey taking two flights with family, two cats and one dog. The tank is ok in general terms, some SPS are suffering a bit from a kH spike a month ago. Here are some pics:
79B36BA0-A15F-4DBF-9275-0464A39862C3.jpeg4968AB43-A038-485D-A44D-288AE2459C3A.jpegDD30E5AC-6747-4DDD-85C6-62BE4219E6F4.jpegB40F4822-1B14-476D-83B5-4854FF4C01B6.jpeg

Pancho75

This feels like really back to business, the COR20 power source quit on me. The Apex was sending “Volt error”. I took the power source for checking and yes the output is only 1.2V instead of 24V. I ordered a replacement from Neptune but I hate It will cost me 70% more in MX and it will take 2 - 3 weeks to get it. :stars:

Today was fragging day, I asked my friend from the LFS to give me a hand, the montis where showing and invading everyone so they took a large cut. It generated a lot of space so I decided to re-arrange the tank. I took away two nems and move one to the bottom as they were killing everything around them. The torches were suffering next to the wall hammer so they are in new positions now.

Next week I will be in Cancun so the corals will have the full week to settle in. Here are pics before and after the fragging.

My next step will be aip killing, I have too much for my taste.
4A4D76C8-3603-46F3-BA48-28B1A7F36EA4.jpeg6BED0A1B-9519-4D3B-AECA-3BFEC049C711.jpeg
B6259678-3AA0-4ECE-AA34-14C5DA321189.jpeg268941B3-B48C-46FD-9BB7-DF15015DAC50.jpeg

Pancho75

For the moment the BTA has settled in the bottom of a rock among my orange ricordeas, very much away from my favorite corals. 4EC9CC03-45BA-45BF-96AC-7A6A45AA00CE.jpeg

Pancho75

Back to reefing after the vacations. I installed the DDR, the skimmer cup sensor and tried but failed to install the random flow generators. There is too much coralline growth in the nozzles. I will disassemble them during the week and put them in vinegar.

The BTA has not moved and the reef seems to be happy. Tomorrow will be testing day, in the pump Still waiting on my spare power supply for my COR20 from Neptune.
E5ABE4AC-6042-40A4-A14B-30698AA97FA9.jpeg
11BAC9DD-82FD-4239-A876-C8EEDF95A9C7.jpeg0D1B1A2E-0009-4F60-903A-7308EBBF3D6C.jpeg

Blue Space

Hey Pancho! Great to see you back at it again after a slight hiatus. Yep -back to business as usual with things breaking down... Especially apex! Arg!! :D

Don't get me started there, lol. Anyhow, your tank and coral are looking really good my friend!

Pancho75

Hey Pancho! Great to see you back at it again after a slight hiatus. Yep -back to business as usual with things breaking down... Especially apex! Arg!! :D

Don't get me started there, lol. Anyhow, your tank and coral are looking really good my friend!
Thank you my friend. You are totally right about things breaking down, the COR20 is great, dead silent but I am disappointed with the power supply.

However I am extremely happy to be able to reef back as all of you guys.

Reactions: SPR

Pancho75

I bought the largest clams I could find and prepared them. The new food is ready, it was super cheap, about 3 USD, easy to prepare and I still half of the clams to prepare more food. The only thing is you get super smelly after sliced them. The fish seem to like it. I will keep feeding dry food and the new food for two weeks and then drop to dry for good.

The large mirrors are working, all my fish are distracted with their own reflections leaving the CCB completely alone.
0475F715-8784-4406-93AC-81F94F690936.jpeg2ECAFF4A-8D3E-477C-A37F-E6BF53F74214.jpeg

Pancho75

Mid-week update. Tuesday was maintenance day, deep clean up. I took away the circulation nozzles and place them in vinegar, cleaned the skimmer, etc. Now the VCA random flow generators fitted perfectly. I like a lot the flow now, I can see the LPS fluctuating, so far happy with the upgrade.
E761BFD2-13ED-4816-A1E4-E3B39DEB8527.jpegDuring the maintenance I noted the DDR containers had not lost any liquid and found I disconnected their power when taking out the COR20, know I know why my kH and Ca reading had been off. o_O

This morning on of my gorgonian fell so I took out the net and proceed to re-position it. When I came down of the ladder I noticed my blue spot goby dead in the floor. :duh:
36648CCB-BDE3-47C3-B293-CC8AA540695C.jpegHe was a beautiful fish and I really feel bad for have not notice he jumped. It was less than 5 minutes but argh! then I noticed I couldn’t find my neon dottyback, immediately I checked the floor but nothing. Then I opened the rear chamber and there he was. I had to take the Sicce SDC pump to rescue him. While doing so my Coris wrasse jumped as well and went directly into the bucket, this time I noticed and rescued him immediately.
While doing so my Coris wrasse jumped as well and went directly into the bucket, this time I noticed and rescued him immediately.

In better news the CCB seems to have settle in, took away the mirrors. He seems to be gaining weight and is picking at the rocks all the time.

Reactions: SPR

Nobbygas

Mid-week update. Tuesday was maintenance day, deep clean up. I took away the circulation nozzles and place them in vinegar, cleaned the skimmer, etc. Now the VCA random flow generators fitted perfectly. I like a lot the flow now, I can see the LPS fluctuating, so far happy with the upgrade.
View attachment 50933During the maintenance I noted the DDR containers had not lost any liquid and found I disconnected their power when taking out the COR20, know I know why my kH and Ca reading had been off. o_O

This morning on of my gorgonian fell so I took out the net and proceed to re-position it. When I came down of the ladder I noticed my blue spot goby dead in the floor. :duh:
View attachment 50934He was a beautiful fish and I really feel bad for have not notice he jumped. It was less than 5 minutes but argh! then I noticed I couldn’t find my neon dottyback, immediately I checked the floor but nothing. Then I opened the rear chamber and there he was. I had to take the Sicce SDC pump to rescue him. While doing so my Coris wrasse jumped as well and went directly into the bucket, this time I noticed and rescued him immediately.
While doing so my Coris wrasse jumped as well and went directly into the bucket, this time I noticed and rescued him immediately.

In better news the CCB seems to have settle in, took away the mirrors. He seems to be gaining weight and is picking at the rocks all the time.
Sorry to hear about the jumpers Pancho, but next time don't do the maintenance naked eh !