Recent content by zchauvin

1. zchauvin

10g Nuvo Lagoon build

Would you think I need it for the leathers or are they fine Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. zchauvin

10g Nuvo Lagoon build

Looks good to me, thanks. Any experience with it? Something like this would be perfect, I cannot put an mp10 because I think it would be way to0 much mounted on the side, but in a back corner facing up and forward on pulse would more than likely do the trick.
  3. zchauvin

Juan's 300G+ Aparment Reef Tank Chronicle

Very nice build and love the inside of your place, great view as if it wasn't good enough!
  4. zchauvin

Marty's reef tank

Love the Acans and tank is looking very good sir.
  5. zchauvin

10g Nuvo Lagoon build

Guys, the sinularia in center of tank is beginning to shed and I am worried I do not have enough flow. My Frogspawn, Duncan, and the Acan on far left all move a good bit in the flow but the sinularia seems to be getting very low flow at best. The only power head I see available would be the...
  6. zchauvin

10g Nuvo Lagoon build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. zchauvin

10g Nuvo Lagoon build

Nope, just says post error unknown error. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. zchauvin

10g Nuvo Lagoon build

So.... I moved a rock and pulled the leather from under it and within minutes... The leather has taken up half the tank, yes!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. zchauvin

10g Nuvo Lagoon build

Thanks, got home today and water has cleared up, looks like the water change helped. Nepthea opening back up and everything looks good. Fish are coming out and eating, shrimp molted. In pic, you will see that half of nepthea is under rock. I would like to frag that entire arm off, and put it...
  10. zchauvin

10g Nuvo Lagoon build

No problem, I bought BRS two part and I will dose over the week and test again before I do wc. I'm sure I'll be fed up long before I get the constant issues resolved. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. zchauvin

10g Nuvo Lagoon build

How fast can I raise kh so that it matches wc water? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. zchauvin

10g Nuvo Lagoon build

Good luck. Hopefully your turn out is better than mine. I'm at a record for patience right now as I've had probably 6 tanks in four years. If not more. This one is really starting to irritate me as well, especially after dumping money into a bigger tank to be told I couldn't have it a week later.
  13. zchauvin

10g Nuvo Lagoon build

I feel like I try to kill my coral all the time... This nano is so much more of a pain. In two days time - water change water had higher kh, temp was much higher than tank water, snail blocked overflow and caused ATO to drop salinity from 1.026 to 1.021.. Or maybe I read refractometer wrong. Man...
  14. zchauvin

10g Nuvo Lagoon build

No ph test since I got rid of apex and mag is only Red Sea and reads high all the time. The issues didn't start until yesterday. Only thing I did different was add the leathers. Not sure. Yes I added more rocks. They are fake and have no matter than can break down, would not cause mini cycle...
  15. zchauvin

10g Nuvo Lagoon build

It was a Symphyllia Wilsoni. And thanks, I liked him too but too much $$$$. Stir, I removed one fish and just replaced with one +1. So technically only added one fish. Every time I check nitrates I get nothing. Today water was kh 11 in new water but I used anyways. Brought kh in tank up to 8...