Recent content by Zack

1. Zack

Skimmerless

I...don't use a skimmer in one of my tanks, and it's flourishing. LOL. Just doing a little experiment, and so far everything is happy and healthy...
  2. Zack

Cured or Uncured Live Rock

I got some cured rock from a local guy and it was loaded with all kinds of fun stuff--I even got some mushrooms and a frogspawn! Granted, the rock had been sitting in one of his tanks for about a month, but still. Like Dave said though, uncured tends to have more stuff on (and in) it, but...
  3. Zack

Liveaquaria Nano Live Rock Pack?

The Liveaquaria Nano rock pack is great. The amount you get is just perfect for nanos, the pieces are the right size, and it's overall good quality rock. I recommend it.
  4. Zack

Well next month I will finally have my own place & I want to start a small 12g anemon

Re: Well next month I will finally have my own place & I want to start a small 12g an Yeah, the lighting in a stock 12g Nano Cube isn't enough for really any anemone to live happily. Metal halide or T-5 would be the best choice, like SeahorseBT said.
  5. Zack

New to RS.

Howdy Big Jay and welcome! Your tank looks fantastic. Keep up the good work! :)
  6. Zack

My 29 Biocube Lots of Pics & more to come!!!

Very cool tanks, everyone, good work. I really like the aquascaping on yours especially, tippMANn98.
  7. Zack

Romara's 3 gallon picto reef & 6 gallon nano reef

Cool! I'll want to see pics.. Also, I think you live about 45 minutes south of me, ramora. :)
  8. Zack

My First One Gallon Tank

No...a clownfish (or any fish) wouldn't be very happy in that small of a tank. Why not put in a few coral polyps and a sexy shrimp instead? Create a cool little tiny reef system.
  9. Zack

Chuck's new JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Cube

Those are some massive pics! Haha, anyways, looks really nice. I like the ricordea and anemone.
  10. Zack

Live rock rubble in flow thru bag?

I've had only live rock for filtration in my 29 gallon for 3 years (GASP) and the tank is doing wonderfully. No skimmer either...
  11. Zack

Mike's 3g Pico Reef

Nice looking pico! I love the black sand.
  12. Zack

Colin's JBJ 28g Nanocube

This tank is rockin! I love nanos...please keep posting pics. :)
  13. Zack

Nano 28G or? for beginner

Just get an Aqua-Safe RODI unit off eBay for like $80 bucks. They're really worth the money, and you'll end up spending that much on grocery store water pretty soon anyway. I've had my RODI unit for 3 years and it's still going strong (minus a few cheap filter replacements, of course).
  14. Zack

Oops, guess this is a duplicate thread. Sorry ;)
  15. Zack

I don't think the cucumber would be a good idea, but everything else would be fine. A clown and maybe another small fish would look great in that, along with some crabs and a sexy shrimp or something.