Recent content by xCry0x

1. X

xCry0x's RSM 250 build thread

Ah forgot this update. So my Alk has been interesting. Apparently even a tank without massive SPS growing all over can put a drain on alk that almost 1 gal/day of saturated kalk cannot overcome. Been testing alk daily for past few weeks after testing and finding my alk all the way down at 3.8...
  2. X

Leopard wrasse adjusting well. Started eating frozen mysis out of the blue which is great, should help fatten it up. Trying to move all my fish onto a diet consisting mostly of dry food in order to ensure they are getting a better nutrient balance compared to eating mysis all day every day...
  3. X

Leopard wrasse out and pecking away at pods :celebrate: - All my other fish are starting to finally adjust to their normal feeding routine. Took almost a month for my orchid dottyback to come around. Now whenever I get near the tank they all start getting excited. Was making it hard to get a...
  4. X

Hm - will see about the stocking. I finally got a new nitrate test kit and was able to test for it -- salifert test and the result was essentially clear. I hate color changing tests because they are so hard to read -- I think I am somewhere between 0.1-0.02 -- eg undetectable. Phosphates also...
  5. X

Couple of updates. Got a carpenter's wrasse last week - doing super well. Really seems to enjoy swimming in the current from my cross flow. Ah - don't think I updated for that either. Got a cp-40 Cross flow off ebay - works great. Carpenter's wrasse was perfect addition, nice active fish that...
  6. X

Tried to take a picture of starburst favia and touch up the colors to make it look a bit more accurate -- total color adjusting noob so might have overdone it. But fairly close to how it pops under actinic lights. Have had the coral for a little while as you can tell by the encrusting. However...
  7. X

Thanks! The alk in the tank has been giving me issues - honestly confused how it is getting sucked up so fast. I guess its a good thing and means corals are growing, but I was under the impression that you shouldn't really need to dose until you have a more grown out tank. I measured Alk at...
  8. X

Short update. Busy weekend, put new baseboards in throughout house. Anyhow, with all the SPS frags I added I decided to test my calcium/alk/mag so I could start monitoring levels. Assumed everything would be fine, if not a bit high since the tank was fairly low stock. Uhh --- my Alk measured...
  9. X

Max 250 Skimmer Options

Yea I have my Aquamaxx sitting here and if the stock skimmer wasn't working I would switch it in -- the perk to the HoB is it would free up all that space in the rear chamber -- you could run a giant fuge in there or fill the thing space with marinepure blocks etc. Out of curiosity, why did you...
  10. X

Just want to re-iterate the actinic strip. I didn't realize how much I missed the pure actinic blue until now. My nano used to have a generic LED fixture with 2 channel control where I ran all blue for a few hours in the AM and PM. I switched to a much nicer fixture in a nanobox duo and set the...
  11. X

Coral explosion :woohoo: 13 SPS frags from a local reefer. Always love buying coral from other hobbyist, especially fun to see their setups. Kes - my wife would kill me if I tried to create a frag setup like yours;). Bunch of great frags including a rainbow stylo, blue stag, purple stylo...
  12. X

36" Truelumen actinic strip added Full tank shot -- The strip is on an ecoxotic one touch controller. Have to say, the controller isn't as functional as I thought it was. My fault for not reading correctly. However, $50 used on ebay for the controller + 150w power supply + splitter...
  13. X

Max 250 Skimmer Options

I believe an aquamaxx ws-1 may fit in the back. An Aquamaxx Hob-1 would be a HOB option that I believe could be modded for in tank. Although they are borderline for the size -- $500 for the deltec is a lot to swallow. I am a fan of the two aquamaxx skimmers, have had a hob-1 on my nano...
  14. X

The YWG mugging the world from under a rock. He's starting to get more comfortable and back to his normal ornery self. The green, I think leptastrea, on that rock is in bad shape. The rock has a blueberry field zoa and fairy dust zoa colony on it, had to do fw/iodine dips to kill of nudibranchs...
  15. X

Now for the fun part -- upgrades & stuff. The water cooling fan was burned out - replaced that. Two of the t5 fans were burnt out, so I replaced all 4 with scythe fans. Those run near silent. That was a bit of an adventure since the fans come with female adapters and the RSM hood also has a...