Recent content by Tufftey

1. Tufftey

Stray Voltage / Electric shock

Thanks I'd already read that report and several others all day trying to find out what to do and why it was happening. The 'good' news is I've found the culprit, one of my pumps must have a loose conection somewhere. First test was ok but I retested several times and on one of them when I...
  2. Tufftey

There seem to be as much positive reporting as negative regarding probes I'd like to find out what is causing these shocks first since if I've tested my equipment and nothing seems faulty I shouldn't be getting shocks at all, but I am getting a reading and i don't know whether that is normal or not?
  3. Tufftey

Hi guys I wasn't sure where to put this but since I have a rsm Ive put it here. I'm getting an electric shock from my tank. It happened last week and through a process of elimination we thought it was the heater and replaced that with a new one. The tank has been fine (i haven't had any more...
  4. Tufftey

Tunze Nano DOC 9002 Thread.

Wow! I've only ever washed my sponge out once a week when I do my water changes and then I've washed it in the tank water (that I've taken out of the main tank)
  5. Tufftey

Mischko you're obviously more technical than I am I'd be too frightened of cracking the plastic to attempt trying to thin it out, the only filing I do is my nails! If the general concensus is it's meant to be loose I'll leave well alone. Is there a reason why this skimmer only needs a floss pad...
  6. Tufftey

Hi My media rack and tunze arrived a couple of days ago and after a frustrating few days when it was wasn't working at all I think I've finally got it to start working properly even it it isn't producing any gunk yet. I forgot to order the media floss everyone keeps talking about so my...
  7. Tufftey

Euroreef Skimmer or Tunze 9002

Hi, well I've decided to go with the Tunze and the media rack. Tunze is being delivered today ( and I can't recommend Charterhouse here in the UK enough, free next day delivery and I've got an hour window when it will be delivered). The media rack along with a years suppy of the other media I...
  8. Tufftey

Hi Guys, just to update. Woke up this morning to a lovely clear tank, no bubbles at all. The skimmer has calmed down and although it's not producing much gunk the bubbles are reaching up to the top of the cup so hopefully it will working as usual in a couple of days. So, it looks like I don't...
  9. Tufftey

Oh god, don't say that. I hope not I've had it in the vinegar mix all day along with the pumps and then rinsed them all thoroughly ( I hope!) I'll leave everything on and see it is settles down tomorrow. It's 11.30pm here now so I'm calling it a night - thanks for all the help again
  10. Tufftey

Ok. thanks I'll raise it up and see what happens tomorrow, I've already put a fine filter in I tend to do this after every water change just for a couple of hours, not sure why I think I must have read it somewhere in the beginning. I didn't see you tip about the cleaning the airline until I'd...
  11. Tufftey

Well guys, I've left my skimmer pump in the vinegar /water mix all day along with my normal pumps as well, cleaned out the back chamber for good measure and then just put it all back together and ...................my skimmer is going like crazy, but it's filling the cup every 5 minutes with...
  12. Tufftey

Thanks for all the imput guys I'm going to give my skimmer a good clean as suggested and then go from there. The general consensus seems to be the tunze and I do like the idea of not having to take the pumps off everytime I need to change the media so I'll give my rsm one a clean and if no joy...
  13. Tufftey

Rsm surface skimmer and rsm carbon wanted

Hi and welcome from a fellow Brit! From the UK or the US you will get all the help and advice you need. I haven't found a friendlier or more knowledgeable bunch than the members on Reef Sanctuary Btw if you google red sea max surface skimmer several suppliers come up all showing stock. I...
  14. Tufftey

Hi Nowellsy Thanks for the imput, glad to hear from a fellow Brit. The problem I've got is I haven't made any modifications so need the skimmer it to fit into the back chamber and to add to the equation it needs to fit without anything sticking out or cutting the hood - I like the RSM because...
  15. Tufftey

Hi Guys My stock RSM skimmer doesn't seem to be pulling as much gunk out as it use to so I've decided to take the plunge and upgrade. The problem is I don't know whether to go for the tunze or the euroreef. I've been searching around and both seem to have problems. The euroreef I'll have...