Recent content by Steve Lane

1. Steve Lane

Salinity monitor?

Thanks very much for that Dave. I have a Red Sea refractometer but I find i`m always having to re-calibrate it more or less every time I use it.
  2. Steve Lane

Salinity monitor?

Anyone ever used an electronic salinity monitor and if so, do they work?
  3. Steve Lane

Bi-Colour angel with identity problem.

Yes, I think your right. Although a little bit like Russian roulette.....the anemone is usually a foot across!
  4. Steve Lane

Bi-Colour angel with identity problem.

Never seen or heard of this before. I`ve had this bi-colour for around 18 months with no problems, it`s a very happy reef-safe fish, always on show. Since I did a little bit of rock rearranging yesterday he/she has now decided she want`s to be a clownfish!
  5. Steve Lane

rsm250 skimmer vs newer c250

I added a sponge to the chamber under the outlet flow of the skimmer and it cleared up after about 30 minutes. Cheers Steve
  6. Steve Lane

rsm250 skimmer vs newer c250

Any idea why my RSM 250 skimmer has started blowing lots of it`s tiny bubbles into the tank?
  7. Steve Lane

Any idea what type of algae this is?

Just scraped the algae scrubber and this new type of algae has grown at both sides of the screen where the LED is not quite as intense. Usually it`s similar to the "Turf" down the middle but not quite as green or stringy. This stuff is like mini seaweed which pops water when you squeeze it. Any...
  8. Steve Lane

New arrival.......Chromis fry!

Well they're still around! No idea what they're eating. Delivered via my Galaxy S6 edge using Tapatalk
  9. Steve Lane

I've paired common clowns before and the fry are definitely recognisable as clowns. Either my bluethroat has humped my bi-colour or kole tang or we have baby chromis. I'll leave them to their own devices but get some live brine shrimp. See if I can get a few to live. I'll be back! Sent from...
  10. Steve Lane

I`m still trying to figure who the dirty pair are :fishy: :cocksure: All 5 of them swim around like their chained together. Still, it`s a nice surprise.
  11. Steve Lane

Just spotted about 100 fry in a "cave" in my tank. No idea when or how or who or why. I have 2 common clowns and 5 blue/green Chromis. I`ve seen clownfish fry before and these are not from the clowns, they`ve never even looked like getting jiggy. Come to think of it neither have the Chromis. I...
  12. Steve Lane

RBT looking very sad

I`ts been great for months, always big and plump and healthy looking but for the last couple of months it`s looking like a rag-mop! All perams are fine.
  13. Steve Lane

Bluethroat Trigger hiding away

Yes, just got him on Lance-fish for a change, not tried clam, he does like krill and mussel but that`s a good call sir!
  14. Steve Lane

Bluethroat Trigger hiding away

He`s been coming out slowly every day for the past week. Looks absolutely fine and obviously been eating as he shows now weight loss at all. All I can think of is, (after I ruled out him shedding his skin :p) he could have been tagged by my BTA and has been recuperating on his own. Anyway he...
  15. Steve Lane

Can 2 dwarf angles coexist

My Bi-colour harassed the Flame angel to death inside 2 days. Not saying all are like that but keep an eye on them!