Recent content by Snappy

1. Snappy

new pix - old corals

Here's a few more pix I took this afternoon -
  2. Snappy

new pix - old corals

Thank you - In late 2008 I had a 400 gal built and created a fish room behind it and put the 130 gallon in that back room. They are both plumbed to the same sump. Thanks - it is a challenge I don't want to go through again -it was a lot of work & heartburn. As I say when I text - auto correct...
  3. Snappy

new pix - old corals

Sorry for the long absence - Had a tank crash in mid 2010 and struggled with issues for a few years. I did a do-over about 11 months ago starting with new rock, sand etc. Here is a current FTS: RH side view:
  4. Snappy

May 2010 POTM VOTING

Thanks Eric! I got my frag racks today. Thanks again Eric, they look great and will come in very handy.
  5. Snappy

June 2010 POTM Contest!

Wow those are some awesome pictures people! Very nice.
  6. Snappy

HMA’s 115 gal. Reef Tank

Incredible, thanks for sharing.
  7. Snappy

Sps tanks and M. MUD and Zeovit

Zeo tanks are ultra low nutrients while using a refugium with M M will create at best a reasonably low nutrient level. MM needss to bereplaced every so often from what I understand. Would you have macro algae in the fuge as a nutrient export? They more important question is ... what are you...
  8. Snappy

High PH

Adding vinegar to anything going to your tank is not a good idea in my opinion. Vinegar is a carbon source that dosed wrongly will create lots of new issues for you. You can dose it like vodka but be careful. Are you using Randy's recipe #1 or #2? Bi-carbonate or carbonate (soda ash)? I use...
  9. Snappy

May 2010 POTM VOTING

Thanks very much.
  10. Snappy

mandarin question

If you truly have a well established tank they will be fine. Many people incorrectly think they have an established tank however if a mandarin kills a pod population within a few months or even a year the tank is either not that well established or more likely there is not enough rock for the...
  11. Snappy

Fragging Mushrooms

if you do a revive dip they will all jump off. Then just scoop em' out and through back in the tank.
  12. Snappy

May 2010 POTM VOTING

Hey that is very cool! Thanks to all who liked my picture. Thanks for sponsoring Eric. Those racks will be put to good use right away. :jumprope:
  13. Snappy

May 2010 POTM VOTING

That is a great prize!!