Recent content by Slin

1. S

Water level problem

The skimmer cup is raised to its maximum. I have just washed through all the media and it has done the trick.
  2. S

Water level problem

Here is a picture with the pumps off..... You can see the water level is about the pumps. Here is an image with the pumps on.... AS you can see the chamber is empty. I do have the standard sponge where the protein skimmer was.
  3. S

Water level problem

I have the standard pumps, it has happened quite quickly, over the last three days.
  4. S

Water level problem

I am really struggling with the water level in the pump chamber all of a sudden. If I turn on even one of the pumps, the chamber is drained of water and the pump starts sucking in air. The water level in the main tank is up the the level of the hood arms, adjusting the skimmer cup makes no...
  5. S

My RSM 130D Log

I will pick up some RO water at the weekend and rinse the filter media. I have been sliding the cup up and down, The level of water I posted before is as high as I can get it.
  6. S

My RSM 130D Log

How do I raise the water level then, I have raised and lowered the skimmer but I can't raise the water level.
  7. S

My RSM 130D Log

Hang on, I think I have been a prize idiot here! I have always judge the water level against what I though was the minimum lane, the grey area. I have just taken the pumps out and realise that the grey area is in fact the the pump! I have added a picture, hopefully that explains what I...
  8. S

My RSM 130D Log

The media that it came with, I haven't yet cleaned it, I have only had the tank for two weeks but it was up and running before I had it.
  9. S

My RSM 130D Log

Tank level is just below the black rim on the tank. The water level I am referring to is the one I am viewing on the left of the tank, the small window with the gauge. I have adjusted the height of the skimmer cup but the water is now swirling around in that small window.
  10. S

My RSM 130D Log

I have added my clean up crew, so far I have.... 3 Turbo snails. 1 Cleaner Shrimp 1 Neon blue Hermit Crab 1 Emerald crab. I have noticed a problem with the water level now, it has been decreasing slowly over the past couple of weeks, how do I raise the level in the chamber?
  11. S

My RSM 130D Log

Thanks everyone, I have no idea if it is or isn't Aiptasia. :D
  12. S

My RSM 130D Log

I have just done a water test, I did it twice to make sure I had done it correctly. The results were as follows: pH 7.8 - 8.0 Ammonia 0 - 0.25 ppm Nitrite 0 - 0.25 ppm Nitrate 0 - 0.25 ppm I am not 100% sure that the Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate were all at 0 hence I have included...
  13. S

My RSM 130D Log

Here are a couple of pictures of the tank, one taken yesterday and one from this evening. You can clearly see the water marks on the glass, what is the best way to remove these, I am very conscious of upsetting the balance of the water. Obviously I will not use any chemical etc etc...
  14. S

Hi there!

I don't plan on making my own water yet, my local aquatics centre is close enough that collecting some isn't really an issue. Plus it is one less things for me to get wrong. :D
  15. S

Hi there!

I am shocked at how the tank has cleared in just over 24 hours, my little girl has spotted a couple of tiny blue things on the live rock.