Recent content by Slickcg33

1. Slickcg33

Green Anemone -- can someone help ID?

To me it looks like you could have a Heteractis Magnificent rather then a H. crispa. I know H. Crispa(seabe) usually prefer sand. Could you get a picture of its base? It appears that whatever the anemone is, it was once bleached and it is successfully rebounding..
  2. Slickcg33

Nem got into powerhead NOT cut up....

If you take a jelly like, water filled, fleshy anemone, out of the water that was deflated, it will look like its melting. It lost tentacles probably because it hit a power head lol... I dont think it was dead I would say dont get any more nems till you do some more research and/or cover your...
  3. Slickcg33

flower anemone stuck in filter

I caught a 6 line wrasse by getting a poweraid bottle cutting off the top about 1/3 the way down, inverting it and placing food in the container. Took a lot of patients..... Waited till he went in and put a fish net over the opening, but I don’t think it would have mattered, he was so scared he...
  4. Slickcg33

flower anemone stuck in filter

Unfortunately since damsels are in the same family as clownfish, that isn't likely to happen lol...
  5. Slickcg33

Help

Do you have the numbers for the water quality? salin temp ph nit nitra amm mag alk cal When was the last time you changed the light bulbs? Are the Leds for astetics or are they powerfull with par value? Do you dose anything? I really need a pic of the nem if you can get it. But you...
  6. Slickcg33

Help

Need more info.... -Tank specs -Light specs -Parameters with numbers -How long the tanks been running -What type of anemone you have -When you got it and the last time you fed it -A picture would help greatly( try using a site like photobucket.com, upload it there, find its web...
  7. Slickcg33

I am not sure to the point where I would bet my life on it, I’m sure there are exceptions to the rules, although I’ve never seen a picture of a true yellow healthy specimen. 2 months in anemone time is not long at all. You have a healthy established anemone at around 6 months(im not saying yours...
  8. Slickcg33

The LTA looks fine and healthy, the pic in your avatar is what i was referring to as bleached. In time it was darken in color with stable parmas and regular feedings. Florescent, white or clear colors are all bleaching symptoms. I had a Lta that was green with white tips, the white ended up...
  9. Slickcg33

Def an LTA, they usually prefer the sand bed. If it isnt attached to that rock I would place it on the sand bed so it could burry its foot. If it is attached, let it do its own thing because an LTAs foot is very susceptible to tearing. On a side note, is this the 3rd anemone you are adding to...
  10. Slickcg33

Does my anemone look ok??

Your anemone is a dead man walking.... Unlike a BTA, damage to an LTAs foot is nearly always fatal. Yours keeps wondering and won’t attach because the bottom of its foot is torn up. This happens often during collection. You can tell that it is tore up because its intestines are hanging out of...
  11. Slickcg33

Stressed Anenome

Need more info.... -Tank specs -Light specs -Parameters with numbers -How long the tanks been running -What type of anemone you have -When you got it and the last time you fed it -A picture would help greatly( try using a site like photobucket.com, upload it there, find its web address...
  12. Slickcg33

Is my LTA healthy or in trouble?

A picture is worth a thousand words. Many times LFS mislabel BTA's as LTA's just because they have long tentacles. We need to establish what anemone you have first before we can say if its acting strangely lol. A white anemone is never natural its always a sick, or one upon a time sick anemone.
  13. Slickcg33

Is this a Mertensi anenome?

looks like a bleached gig. Try to stay away from the anemones that their color resembles White or yellow, its due to a loss of zoa.(the symbiotic photosynthetic algae that lives inside it and provides it with nourishment)
  14. Slickcg33

Which comes first......

I would suggest adding the nem first as long as you can properly do so. The thinking behind this is, if you add the anemone fist it can get established in the tank. Once an anemone is established it can tolerate a lot more then one just being introduced to the tank. One issue with adding a nem...
  15. Slickcg33

October 2010 POTM Contest!

this has no chance of winning, but it scared the **** out of me... giant flatworm