Recent content by shy519

1. S

Spaghetti worms?

I had a look at the frag one more time this morning. I believe that they died. Good or not, :ponder2: they're gone.
  2. S

Spaghetti worms?

Hey everyone! I purchased a Cinnamon Palythoa Grandis yesterday. When I arrived home and placed the bag in the water to acclimate, I noticed about four little orange-brown wiggley worms at the bottom. I thought that they might possibly be spaghetti worms. Are they bad? I'd upload pictures but...
  3. S

Betta fish?

Ok thank you. Even though people say they don't have problems with putting a Betta with certain fish, it still makes me feel really unsure how it'll turn out. I think that every fish is different and should be treated as so. I'll try it, but I have a small tank on stand by just in case!
  4. S

Annoying Algae Problem!

I'm sorry for the late reply, but I had, in fact, lost internet connection for quite a while. We took a trip to a reputable fish store. The owner told us to use a sugar treatment. It has worked and the algae is now under great control. One last question though, what is better, vinegar, sugar, or...
  5. S

Betta fish?

Hey everyone!:bluesbros: I know that you can put a Betta in a tank with certain types of fish like cherry barbs, for example. I was wondering if I could put one in a tank that has a chocolate gourami and an emerald cory cat. Thanks!:bluenod: Shy
  6. S

Annoying Algae Problem!

Hey everyone! :bouncer: It's been a while since I've posted anything. :doh: I've had a really bad issue with green wispy algae that growers all over my tank except for the acrylic walls. My clean up crew includes one astrea turbo snail, five Margarita snails, about 3-5 nassarius snails, and...
  7. S

Getting rid of Spirorbid Worms

I know that they aren't harmful, I was just hoping to decrease the number of them. Thanks for the helpful tip though!
  8. S

Getting rid of Spirorbid Worms

Hey everyone!!!:snowski: I have at least 50 of these pesky little worms on my live rock, back wall, and a couple on my hermit crabs' shelIs. Is there any fish or invertitrate that eats these? If so, I would prefer a peaceful invertebrate. Thanks!:bouncer: Shy
  9. S

Nuisance Algae?

I went to my local aquarist and he told me it was most likely a cyanobacteria and that I should change my water flow and make it heavier, or to buy hermit crabs, or to get a chemical that will get rid of the cyanobacteria. I got 5 hermit crabs bringing the total amout to 7 hermit crabs, I also...
  10. S

Nuisance Algae?

Hey everyone :ofr: I have this pinkish-redish algae that is making giant mats on the floor of my aquarium. So what can I do to prevent it? My clean up crew includes a turbo snail, and decorator crab, a shrimp who doesn't really work, and two dwarf hermit crabs. Thanks, Shy
  11. S

Help! I need to know how to get rid of marine ich!

Hey everyone! :geekin: I need help immediately! I could not find the treatment/disease forum so bare with me. I just bought a couple fish and invertebrates last night. This morning I found that the two fish now have ich. What are good treatments? Should I separtate the fish...
  12. S

Will I have baby hermits?!

It's okay guys, I was just making sure that they didn't require special care or anything if they did have babies. Thanks by the way.
  13. S

Will I have baby hermits?!

Hey everyone! :bump: I have only two of what I think are Dwarf Red-Legged Hermit crabs, I belive that they have mated. One rolled the other over and was rocking the other around. :smack: Did they really breed? If so, how many babies should I expect? Do they lay eggs? Where will I see the...
  14. S

14g biocube crowded?

Hey everyone! :pillowfight: I have the feeling that I may be crowding my 14 gallon biocube. I have a yellow watchman goby who is about 1 1/2" long, a peppermint shrimp, a sponge decorator crab who is about 1" across, 2 VERY small frags, and a blue/green chromis who's about an inch long. I'm...
  15. S

What should I put in my freshwater tank?

Lol. Just salt? No water?:ponder2: