Recent content by Shan

1. S

Anthias help

I dont think there is anything wrong with the swim bladder. feeding the pea was something they recommended and since they warranty the fish, i just followed their advice. The fish can control his swimming fine, he just doesnt swim very often. LA told me they have used the pea treatment on other...
  2. S

Anthias help

Live aquaria told me to try the pea treatment for swim bladder. Apparently they use it. It hasn't worked. Water quality in my sps tank is perfect. The fish swims up into the column and eats wait the others but spends the day on the sand.
  3. S

Anthias help

I have done the pea treatment last week. Tank temp runs 79.5-80, he swims fine, will swim up into water column when I feed others, and then go right back to the bottom and sit upright, no lying sideways or weird. acts and looks normal, just that he sits on the bottom
  4. S

Anthias help

my tank is a redsea 500s, 135g upgrade from previous solana, tank is 3months old, SPS dominated, temp 79.5, alk 7, ca 480, nitrates .2, phos .03, salinity 1.025 tank mates 2 bartletts anthias 3 lyretail anthias 4 wrasse 1 firefish 1 yellow tang 2 clowns 1 copper butterfly
  5. S

Anthias help

I purchased a bartletts anthias 2 weeks ago, and it has layed on the bottom the entire time. I purchased two others at the same time and they act normal and swim normal. This fish looks completely healthy, good color. I called Live aquaria and asked them, and they said to fee it a green pea for...
  6. S

Anthias help

I purchased a bartletts anthias 2 weeks ago, and it has layed on the bottom the entire time. I purchased two others at the same time and they act normal and swim normal. This fish looks completely healthy, good color. I called Live aquaria and asked them, and they said to fee it a green pea for...
  7. S

Red Sea Max S650 Delivery question

LFS have a GOOD profit in a 650! Tell them you want it and see if they can arrange installation or at least inside delivery! They say the price isn't very negotiable......it is!
  8. S

Mod's RSM S500

BEAUTIFUL photos!!
  9. S

Changing Bulbs - Dumb Question... But please help!

you have to take the end caps off middle section of your light canopy, unscrew the plastic black screw holding the middle section in the unit, one on each end, then i stand above the tank and carefully lift the unit by the cords up and out of the unit, turn it upside down and lay it on either of...
  10. S

Mod's RSM S500

Exact same thing happening to me...... Following along...
  11. S

New and first Red Sea! 500-s

This will be my first as well. Are the vendors set up friday and saturday?
  12. S

YES!!! Ill be there!! Ive never been to one, but im looking forward to picking up some sps frags!!
  13. S

Would I buy the MAX 500 again.............ABSOLUTELY YES!!!! NO REGRETS!!! It is an extremely thought out system! EXPENSIVE!!!! YES!!!!! and it looks it! The only thing I would prefer is a built-in reef keeper system, like a Neptune. I have never had LEDs. Ive had PC, MH, and T5s and...
  14. S

Jason's 650S white

Forget the manual!!! Watch the videos!! and give yourself plenty of time!! ENJOY!
  15. S

Kevin I greatly appreciate your help!! I tested my water again today, my nitrates came in at .20 and my phosphates at .02 I removed half of my biopellets and will try running the tank with fewer pellets for a couple of weeks. So you guys feel the 10 t5 lamps is not too much for an sps tank? (...