Recent content by Seadoo

1. Seadoo

Need Help pick new lights

Having recently been shopping for lights myself, I think you should take a look at what they have at Cool Touch Lighting. The people are nice, work with you to design exactly what you want. Be aware they have options that are not listed on the web site...
  2. Seadoo

Lexan a good product to use for a tank?

My sump is made out of Lexan (free stuff they were throwing away at work), and I have had no problems with it. It is very strong and I don't think leaching of chemicals is a concern as it is very inert. I can't speak to the clarity point because mine is a gray color to reduce algae. Here is a...
  3. Seadoo

Combination lights

Going with Cool Touch Lighting Canopy Thanks for your advice. I am going with a light from Cool Touch Lighting who operates on www.aquariumlight.com. They are making me a custom aluminum canopy built to my specs with 2-250 watt double ended metal halides with Ushio 10000K lamps, 2 140 watt VHO...
  4. Seadoo

Combination lights

Thanks, I'll check them out.
  5. Seadoo

Combination lights

Hi folks, I am contemplating what equipment to purchase for my 125 gal. marine tank which I am transitioning into a reef setup. My overhead space is limited and I want the flexibilty to keep animals with high light requirements later if all goes well. I want to hang the fixture, so that...
  6. Seadoo

Luke is joining today: Hi:-)

Hi everybody. I found this forum/site today as I was searching for various information about reef tank setups. I've been keeping marine tanks for 20+ years and I had a stint with a reeftank about 6 years ago. An algae monster combined with a lack of commitment ruined my reef tank then. I'm...