Recent content by RsmJoe130

1. R

Monique's RSM 130d

You can change the bulbs on the Red Sea to different color bulbs. Royal Blues or actiinic Blues. This will change your look of your corals. Hamilton I believe has multiple of color option. I use 65 Watt lights bulbs on my 3 Red Sea max 130Ds and 130. I also modified my night lights to rapid...
  2. R

Free RSM 130D (34 gallon tank) - Los Angeles

I would be interested in it. If you could hold to next weekend. I will drive down and pick it up if possible. Please let me know. Very generous of you.
  3. R

LED's in RSM 130D - Panorama PRO or another option?

I am using lights from Reefgeek. They are 65 watt bulbs. They can make you tank more blue or water ever you want with just changing out the bulbs. One of my tanks I have 460nm royal blue bulbs on one side and on the other side I have 420nm actinic blue. Definitely on the blue side. I like this a...
  4. R

Red Sea 130D mechanical filter & carbon options?

I have the Red Sea filter sponges. One of my friends with a different nano suggested using Poly-Fil. I like it better because I do not need to rinse it out every few days. I can see how dirty it really is. Plus I am worried that there might be chlorimines left on the sponges. I picked it up at...
  5. R

Hood on my 130 is very hot.

Thanks for the reply judo jay. The hood was clean. I think the fan was just getting tired.
  6. R

Well my fan started to make some noise on Friday night. I decided to upgraded my moon lighting and at the same time. Since my hood was apart. Good news is that my replacing the old and slow fans took care of my hot hood. Replacing the fans and taking apart the hood was very easy. Took time but...
  7. R

130d rear chamber Media

Do some searching you will see most people say don't use them. They are saying to use purigen and chem pure elite. From what I have read in these articles. The understanding you will have more problems than they are worth. I am sure someone will chime in and give you a better answer.
  8. R

Good price for a used RSM 130 and 130D?

I own both models. I bought both in the last three months. I paid 300 for each of mine. The 130 came with live rock fish and upgraded skimmer and basket and bunch of other stuff good deal. The 130 d came with upgraded skimmer and baskets. The replaced the light bulbs so I knew how old they were...
  9. R

Yes if you could I would appreciate you changing it out to a 130 and not a 130L. After you left me that message I figured out the L must be for liters. Thank you I enjoy your avatar the inside joke was I had to get a second tank for his and hers. My cats love sleeping on top of the tanks.
  10. R

It would be a 130. If you look on the back of the tank obove the serial number it says 130L / 34 gal. I assumed it was a 130L. Sorry if I was wrong. Thank you for correcting me.
  11. R

The 2 fans are working. How good I do not know. It is getting hot enough where it almost feels like it would burn you if you left your hand on it long it enough. Still running power compacts. My 130d is fine.its not hot at all. The 130L is blowing cool air. 130D is blowing hot air out of the...
  12. R

clearnet's RSM 130D

Looking at my two tanks right now. The one with the new pump has a spin stream and the other has a hydro I believe. The new has no film sitting on top. Not sure if it is film but it is crystal clear. I thought I lost some of my flow in the tank so I added additional hydro 425. I have a new pump...
  13. R

clearnet's RSM 130D

You need to contact Red Sea max and they will probably send you out a new pump upgrade for free. I have enjoyed mine. I have one on my 130d. They are shipping me one out for my130l. I noticed a difference in the pump upgrade.
  14. R

Red Sea Max 130d LED Lights

I changed out my two stock PC 10000K 55 watts. I changed one to a 420 nh 65 watt actinic blue. The other one to a 460 nh 65 watt royal blue. I really enjoy the look of my corals. I now don't know if I want LEDs. I don't now if I am able to say we're I bought them, but if you do a search I am...