Recent content by Roy Page

1. Roy Page

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

Thanks for the comment about my videos! At your stage I only had lights on for 8 hours per day, later 10 to 12 is normally ok. However, with the light in our home, the C250 has all the light it needs and that has been one of my own location problems. I would say 9 hours a day at your stage...
  2. Roy Page

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

Hi Petr, Greetings to you in the Czech Republic. Yes, I think you just need to be patient and suggest you also scrub off some of the rocks when you do your weekly water change to help get rid of the algae. The C250 works very well and I have never found a need to add anymore media than could...
  3. Roy Page

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

Hi Moose, Significantly improved and still getting less. I am using Aiptasia X to remove the larger ones.
  4. Roy Page

Max C-250 - T5 to LED Conversion

Glenn, Thanks for your input! As a Mechanical Engineer and Radio Amateur who builds electronics from scratch I have no problem with taking on an install, being a) Build the whole LED fixture from components or b) Install a so-called drop in conversion. However, I am rather a perfectionist so...
  5. Roy Page

Pat you said it much better than me!
  6. Roy Page

Adrienne, Thanks for the comments. I only bought a tank when I could buy one fully enclosed, open tanks look unfinished to me! The Max C-250 is a piece of furniture which matches the decor of our kitchen eating area. We are just a bit picky, hence this thread wanting a LED manufacturer to do a...
  7. Roy Page

Actually Pat, that ;last suggestion would work very well for me. I do have an LED unit which can sit on my C-250 with the RedSea hood taken off. I have thought of using it, but I don't like open top tanks, that is why I bought the C-250. So yes, my C-250 hood is ready to be shipped to have an...
  8. Roy Page

Thanks Pat for the input. As far as I know, Steve's have never offered a Core Exchange Hood LED install scheme. They suggested that they might take up my idea of doing it, but expressed concern, using the problem you indicated as a reason not to do it! That problem is just easily solved! Give...
  9. Roy Page

They are the animated GIF files I was referring to Glenn. Really don't like that kind of presentation to try to see how each install stage should be done. Better than nothing though!
  10. Roy Page

Hello Sean, Thanks for the compliment! No, I have not made any significant progress on replacing my C-250 T5's with an LED system. I really want to say goodbye to my T5's. I thought that Steve's LEDs was going to take me up on an offer to install their new 'complete system' and produce a...
  11. Roy Page

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

Video Update Red Sea Max C-250 Reef Aquarium - Part 11 - Update At 20 Months. The aquarium has now been in operation for about 20 months. We have an outbreak of Aiptasia and show in this update the adding of some Berghia Nudibranchs hoping they will eat the Aiptasia.
  12. Roy Page

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

Hi Nick, Yes, the Leather Toadstool has really grown, had it now for 18 months and it has tripled in size. Video? Well yes Part 11, a general update is compiling as I write this! I shot some video today of introducing a few Berghia Nudibrachs to try and get my crop of Aiptasia under control...
  13. Roy Page

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

Day 591 Since Starting Up The RedSea Max C-250 Just a brief update, now that we are 19 months down the road since setting up our first Reef Aquarium. All going pretty well, but still battling a bad infection of Aiptasia. In spite of frequently using Aiptasia X to kill visible ones, can't...
  14. Roy Page

Patrick's RSM C-250

Hey Pat, you are a man after my own heart. More or less given up weekly testing except for salinity which I do every week as I do my weekly 10% water change. My maintenance regime is pretty simple. - Clean the glass every couple of days. - Top up the ATO water reservoir twice a week. - Do a 10%...
  15. Roy Page

Roy's Red Sea Max C-250

I am sure you are correct Glenn, Are they are problem do you know?