Recent content by Rob Long

1. Rob Long

Red Sea 130D

All depends on which part of the world your in! Uk? Brand new all in cost £699 not including the starter kit. Your better off sourcing our own refractor for salinity instead of the hydrometer anyway and get set up ideas from here. Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Rob Long

Back after a while

Chers guys,nice to get some appreciation :)I've been gaggin to upgrade but persuading the mrs is a chore :(
  3. Rob Long

Back after a while

Hi Guys and girls, Not new to sw,also not new to RS,but thought i'd just re-intro myself,I'm from St Neots in Cambsand run a 130d which has been running for approx 2yrs now.I have had salted tanks of 6' in the past and the past being as far back as 1978. Here's a...
  4. Rob Long

SPS with Stock Lighting, is it possible ?

Hi, I've kept all types of sps in my 130d under the stock lighting but as stated the lamps need replacing fairly regularly,I had a similar problem at one stage and ended up changing the water more frequently but less ie 4 ltrs a week which kept the water fresh and topped up the elements better...
  5. Rob Long

Do the pumps on a 130D slow down?

as above,pump just runs continuously
  6. Rob Long

Filtration in RSM130d

Hi, I've run my 130d for over a year now but been keeping reefs since the early 80's if that's anything to go by, IMHO as with mine you tend to add what you like as regards stock over time with little regard to filtration until it's too late,I keep a full tank of sps and have no problems with...
  7. Rob Long

gsp question

It could be that it's just getting used to your water perameters,but also it may be that your perameters arn't good but but buttons can be quite hardy and don't mind them,posting your water perameters will help us assist you with your problem
  8. Rob Long

Acropora growth question!

Mate your pic's are fine and the acro's are growing and look very healthy.They will grow very quickly if you maintain your levels.
  9. Rob Long

RSM 130D bulb options

I seem to remember seeing a pinkish compact tube for the Rsm on fleebay,standard 55watt just a colour change.
  10. Rob Long

Aquarays

Here's a mod you may be interested in,It was posted some months back,apparently reef whites are the ones to go with.
  11. Rob Long

little white things in my 130D

A good sign that the tanks doing well!
  12. Rob Long

Is This Bubble Algae?

How! the hell do you coat them? do you stuck the tube in the tank????
  13. Rob Long

Help Need with my 130D

I agree, either the tanks not fully cycled or the algae's caused by to many phosphates ie water perameters out or overfeeding,also how long is the tank lit? I'd say approx 10hrs is usual. Rob
  14. Rob Long

Should I Pull Out The Ceramic Rings?????

Hi Mate, I found that having the ceramics in the back just caused me head aches so I removed all the media in the back,I cut the black sponge in half as this increased flow but still removed the large solids,this also helped manage the water level in the rear chamber.I have the weir...
  15. Rob Long

Skimmer types?

Ah thats good to know,the main requirements are that it has a good skim rate and thats I don't have to cut the lid.Why by a tank with a lid then cut holes in it? I can understand installing extra lighting and such as it's contained inside which is the point isn't it?