Recent content by Riyita

1. R

HELP! Thinking of getting into the hobby! Few questions for y'all.

Thanks David! I also been reading a lot about maintaining proper nutrition levels especially with corals. I read you have to feed them? Do you have any insight on this matter, maintaining proper levels and such? Thanks again!
  2. R

Something I forgot to mention is would I need to add any supplements to the new tank? Nutrient wise? From there, I would do bi weekly water changes and test bi-weekly for any spikes in nutrients? I'm a little confused on how to properly maintain balanced numbers.
  3. R

Wow, that is a fantastic looking tank for sure. Do you think I could be alright to start off with just a Aquaclear 70 filter and two circulation pumps, for my filtration area if I go ahead with a 40g tank? Speaking of tank, would you say that is a good enough size to get a decent looking...
  4. R

Dave, first off, thank you so much for your detailed reply! I appreciate it. Now a few follow up questions to what you said if you do not mind. 1: I see what you mean about the 55g not being long enough width wise. Do you think a 40g breeder tank would be of a decent size to host a decent...
  5. R

Hi reefers! My name is Ryan and I am considering getting into the world of reef aquariums. A little bit about myself is that I am currently 19, and the only really experience I have had with aquariums was a small, 10g freshwater tank when I was younger. The world of saltwater and reefs seems...